Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how do I address this?

Posted by   + Show Post
Tonight my 6 1/2 year old son asked me to start his bath. I agreed and started his bath. I walked out of the bathroom and went to finish putting the dishes in the dishwasher. He called me back to ask me if I'd help him wash his hair. Normally he does but tonight for whatever reason he wanted me to. I agreed and went back to the bathroom to wash his hair. I grab the shampoo and lean over the tub to wet his hair. I noticed him very intently watch the water. I asked him to put his head up and he was still intently looking down at the water. I look to see what is his big deal and I can see him flexing his pee pee and rubbing the tip of it. I told him that was inapporiate and to stop or mommy will not wash your hair. He giggles and flexes his pee pee again. I put the soap down and went into the kitchen to ask dh to wash our son's hair. I explained what he did and dh said he'd have a talk with Gage. Dh walked in and our son was fondling himself. Is that normal for a six year old? Should I be concerned. We've had the good touch bad touch talk a few times before. I've explained how touch other's or allowing other's to touch you is unexceptable. The things I go through leaving in a house with 4 boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Replies (11-13):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, my DS is only 8 months, but he's already interested in it.  As soon as you take his diaper off he's grabbing at it (truthfully, I'm afraid he's going to rip it off!  lol).  I agree with the PP though.  Both of you should have a chat with him.  Don't call this a "bad touch" though.  It's perfectly normal and he shouldn't be made ashamed of it.  Just tell him it's something that is done in private.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
This!

Quoting delanna6two:

Normal...I agree with everyone on having the talk...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Mar. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Oh yeah..normal. my bros who just turned seven are fascinated with their parts. Im so glad I'm having a boy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN