Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The "Privileged" line cutters

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: When you leave a line to get something or look for/at something should you be allowed to get your spot back automatically?

Options:

yes! always

NO! you left tough end of the line for you

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

frustratedWhy is it that some people think that the world works for them and they should get special treatment?! Today I stopped in a Blockbuster to rent a movie for my son. I was gonna get Puss in Boots but since they were out we settled on RANGO. So I got in line behind a guy and while waiting my son kept pointing to the ice cream making whining noises. I told him he had ice cream at home and I pulled him away and turned around to see a guy in a red shirt walk right past me to get behind the guy in front of me. I said "um excuse me but the line is over here" and they guy said "NO EXCUSE ME but I WAS ALREADY BEHIND THIS GUY AND JUST WENT TO GO LOOK AT SOMETHING" and I said "well I didn't see you there before" and he said "OH NO I WAS HERE" then he turned away. I was gonna say more but because my son was there I didn't want him to see me cursing and yelling at some guy who just cut me in line. Really I was so angry I wanted to yell at him so bad but didn't. When the guy left and I finally got to the register I told the cashier what the heck?! and the lady next to him said that she got into an argument with another customer about the same thing and really they can't controll people but I told them I did not appreciate it. If you leave the line to go look at something GUESS WHAT! you just lost your spot and have to get in line again. I was always taught that as a child and encouraged to stay in line so that I got a turn or whatever the case may be. I know if you have to leave the line you should ask someone to hold your spot or get a family member or friend to hold your spot for you but you don't leave then come back expecting to get your same spot back, that is just RUDE!!!! Why do people think the are so privileged as to magically get their spot in line back?! It's not fair to you or everyone else who might be standing in line behind you.

angry

by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Idk. I'm from a small town. You pretty much get your spot back. No one cares.

yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM
No, end of the line!!!! If I step out of line, I never expect "my" spot back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cloudfairy
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

hey small towns are great im not saying about people in smalls towns because everyone is cool with everyone else there. im more pointing at large towns where people are just seriously rude and don't even try to ask nicely if they could please get their spots back. I mean I have had people tell me they were in a hurry and if they could go ahead and yeah I am nice enough that I say "yeah go ahead" but when someone just WALKS PAST YOU without a word that's when I have a problem.

Cloudfairy
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

Quoting yourpassion:

redpatz
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I've never seen that. Ppl that come into the store where I work go out of their way to let someone else in line ahead of them. Customers are generally very nice & polite. If someone has a lengthy transaction or must step away for some reason they offer the next person in line to go ahead.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Quoting yourpassion:

Schleetle
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM
You don't get your spot held... You leave the line you get in the back. Besides what kind of entitled jerk makes a big deal out of cutting in front of a woman, and child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM

i will hold a persons spot in line if they have to run grab an item they forgot.  no big deal.  
 for myself...i will get back to the end of the line UNLESS i am in a super hurry then i will ask the person behind me if they dont mind if i run grab something and come back to my spot.

Thelmama
by Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM

He was a jerk. If I leave the line, I do not expect to get my place back.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I'm small town too but we were raised that if you left your spot, you lost it. Not a huge deal to go to the end of the line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)