Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

An Example of NOT Juggling It All

In my last post I neatly listed a set of goals that I try to accomplish each day in my quest to “juggle it all”.  I may have also mentioned that I don’t always meet those goals – but I think I came across as generally having it together.  Just in case anyone is worried about living up to the high standards I seem to be meeting regularly here in my domestic paradise, I thought I’d share a little bit about today.

7 AM: Partner wakes up and gets ready to go to work.  I am pregnancy-style EXHAUSTED and stay in bed while she not only gets herself ready for the day but takes the lead on getting our toddler dressed and giving him breakfast.

8:30 AM: Partner leaves and I peel myself out of bed.  I’m wearing a bathrobe as I help my toddler use the potty and then set him up with crayons so that I can check my email and work on the post for this series (I’d begun drafting something about making healthy meals from scratch a couple days ago).  Instead I buy a diaper bag we can’t really afford online.  Toddler is getting his second year molars and is moody, so peaceful coloring quickly devolves into throwing things around the room and shrieking.

11 AM: After some calming and cuddling of the toddler, I open the fridge to figure out what to do for lunch.  Thank goodness for leftovers.  I heat up some zucchini-corn chowder and a quinoa patty for him – and don’t argue about the amount of ketchup he insists on dumping on the patty. 

NOON: Wipe down kid, potty again, new diaper and put him down for a nap at 12:30.  He does not fall asleep without a fight.  A long, drawn out fight that leaves me wishing I could take a nap myself.

1:30 PM: Toddler is finally asleep.  I settle in hoping to finally get some writing done.  I am still wearing my bathrobe, when I remember I have a midwife appointment this afternoon – oops.  I jump in the shower and finish getting dressed just as my cranky boy is waking up (I swear these naps are getting shorter and shorter). 

3:00 PM: I am getting the toddler dressed and pottied as my partner arrives home (of course she didn’t forget about our appointment).  She finishes wrangling the kid while I scramble looking for my pregnancy binder and gathering my diaper bag, keys, and wallet. 

4:00 PM: Midwife appointment.  Baby looks great, I’m feeling healthy, glucose test coming up next month – no major news or worries.  My partner entertains our toddler during the appointment so that I can give the midwife my full attention.

5:00 PM: We are on our way back home and I don’t have a plan for dinner.  We swing by and grab a pizza on our way (It’s a vegetable now, right?).

7:00 PM: Pizza has been eaten and my partner gives the toddler his bath and gets him ready for bed as I stare blankly at the post that is due today. 

8:00 PM: Attempt to put toddler to bed – complete teething meltdown.  Crying, screaming, the works.  We give him some Tylenol and do our best to comfort him.  He finally falls asleep at 9:45 pm. 

10:00 PM: I am looking at a midnight deadline for this post I haven’t been able to write – and I’m not feeling very juggle-it-all-y.  My living room looks like a tornado hit it, and I can’t think of a single thing I accomplished today. 

Tomorrow is another day.  

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Samanthamommy
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Sounds familiar.

itsblissmas
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Sounds fun. LOL!

busy mom

amonkeymom
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Yep, that's how things often go in the world of a mom.  Hopefully today is a better day.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I am sorry you had a rough day.  I hope that today is a better one for you and you are able to get done what you need to.

Madelaine
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

thanks

ceciliam
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Not everyday can be perfect:)

suziejax
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Juggler is my middle name :-)

heathermichelle
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Sounds like my day at times LOL

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
I can totally relate!
Leelee1008
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Sounds slightly like my day minus the pregnancy,with the 13 month old DD and add 2 boy that are 8&11 to the mix. Now we have baseball season upon us wich will make my days more complicated. YAY

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN