Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 6: Set a Date

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 174 Replies
1 mom liked this

We know bigger projects like cleaning the windows or organizing the playroom usually take more time than most moms have, so today's task is to set a date.

Pick a day coming up in the next few weeks when you know your sitter or mom or neighbor or friend can watch the kiddos and plan out the cleaning and organizing tasks you want to tackle, sans tots!

Whether it's to wash all the windows or clean out the garage, you'll have an entire uninterrupted day to do so! So book your sitter now (and maybe a back-up!), and get it on the calendar!

Tell us what YOU want to accomplish on your day 'O cleaning in the replies!

sweepingIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the Spring Cleaning Challenge, click here.

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I have a big picture window and sliding glass doors in the dining room, those get cleaned at least once a month, sometimes more.The rest of the windows will wait until it warms up more. No play room as my kids are grown.

Kriscbm
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I want to completely clean everything. Closets, drawers, windows, ceilings, floors. This will take some time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Well my kids are older ages 4, 7, 10,12,14 so I actually like to have them here so they can help me tote and fetch things LOL  but when they were lil I would send them to my moms house for the weekend and clean out all their old or broken toys so they would be here to say NOOOO that is my fav toy even though I havent touched it in a year LOL

haileys_mommy06
by Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I have to re-organize the girls' bedroom =/

ArmyWife0105
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I get my cleaning done while my girls are in school and my dh is at work. This week I won't get much done though. My girls are on spring break and my dh has Thursday and Friday off. If he sticks to his promise we will get some of the bigger things done though. I have to have his help moving big stuff because I am 7 months pregnant. I am going to do little chunks everyday until I have everything accomplished. 

Proud army wife, mommy of two beautiful girls, and expecting a handsome little man!
pregnancy
Caitlin411
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM
I can't think of anything that would take me an entire day to do. I usually do stuff with the kids around and never really have issues with them being here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily

My 'big' cleaning project is to clean out my side of our bedroom closet ... but I need to get dh to take all my purses off the top shelf for me first since I can't reach them. I know he'll be glad to do that, he's been after me to toss some of them for awhile, so he'll be very happy to get them down so I can toss a bunch of them. Then the shoes on the floor, that will be the hard part ... parting with all my heels that I so love, but can't wear because of my knees any more.  crying

ForeverInLove

I'd have to do it with my kids, since I do not have a babysitter at all. All the family lives 450 miles away.

I will take a day to clean windows though! I cleaned out my van last week, and hubby cleaned up the shed yesterday.

elasmimi

Don't need a sitter, mine is in school. But I want to wash windows and clean and organize kitchen scrapbooking area.Also use a tip I just read, use my swiffer mop to clean walls.

ladybugist

The 24th of March is the day to wash windows---the next weekend the house gets a good bath , so everything will be looking good for those spring flowers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN