Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The Importance of Shopping for Breakfast First

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 53 Replies

Breakfast is acceptable as dinner, lunch is a sort of whatever goes, but what about breakfast? Sure I was known to eat a cold piece of pizza or Chinese takeout as breakfast back in my single girl days, but I can't send Addie out the door for the school bus with a stomach full of chow mein, or can I? Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day but it is also the easiest one to skip. Running late? You can grab something quick later, but then later comes and you realize you never grabbed anything and you're bordering on so grouchy you're unfit for being out in public.

I'm terribly guilty of skipping breakfast, I fed those other two little people breakfast plus the two furry four footed things, surely I ate something!

Surely I am very, very wrong.

I've found the very best way to make sure I eat breakfast is to sit down and eat first thing when I come downstairs in the morning. Email can wait, the baby can play, I need to sit down and eat breakfast. Even more important I've found I need to have good ready to eat foods available to me or I'll get distracted and not eat at all. Unfortunately there are some mornings when even a bowl of cereal is too much effort. While this baby of mine is little I need my breakfast to be mobile, this means bananas, granola bars, yogurt cups and hard boiled eggs. When at the grocery store it's temping to pick up super easy breakfast items that are marketed towards moms exactly like me. "In a hurry? Hungry? Grab this! Super quick! Super easy! Super tasty!" sadly most of the the super quick super tasty breakfast items are made out of super fake food. One of my most favorite things in the entire world is donuts. I would eat them everyday if I could, but on the days I do I'm left feeling blah by lunch. However the days when I'm prepared and am able to eat real food, real quick, I can make it to lunch without feeling gross and sluggish.

Quick, healthy, breakfast foods are first priority when I go shopping, otherwise I'm going to be going to the grocery store hungry the next time, and going to the grocery store hungry never ends well.

What's your go to breakfast?

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I usually have a piece of fruit and some yogurt or cereal.
Leelee1008
by Member on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Usually my boys get a bowl of cereal int he mornings before school, its fast and they arent really ready for a big breakfast that early. they eat when they get to school. However on a weekend I love pancakes and bacon.

LOswald0314
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Fruit and yogurt or cereal.

dusky_rose
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I like to have a piece of whole grain toast with jam and a cup of hot chocolate when I need something quick in the morning, or a bowl of Cheerios with banana and milk, yum!

Actually this morning we were in a rush out the door taking my niece to school (no time for breakfast) so I stopped by Jack in the Box for a couple of Breakfast Jacks for me and my son to eat before we went shopping at Target. We ate in the car while we waited for them to open. My niece has breakfast at school.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

Rushn311
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I always eat cereal usually, or toast with PB or butter. Sometimes even an apple.

copperswifey
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I love cereal. I also like oatmeal when I need something in a hurry. :)

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I usually have a sandwich on low calorie, high fiber bread because I don't like breakfast foods all that much.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Something quick for me would be toast with peanut butter. Otherwise I do cook eggs, hashbrowns, sausage - but that after everyone has left the house for the day. I do make that often though.

MamaMandee
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I always have breakfast bars on hand if I need a quick breakfast. Another thing I do is try to bake muffins once or twice a week (the kids love helping me) so that anyone in a morning rush can still have a good for you and filling breakfast. 

heathermichelle
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

muffins, cereal, pop tarts on busy days.

On non busy days, we like to  have eggs, biscuits and sausage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)