Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The Importance of Shopping for Breakfast First

Posted by   + Show Post

Breakfast is acceptable as dinner, lunch is a sort of whatever goes, but what about breakfast? Sure I was known to eat a cold piece of pizza or Chinese takeout as breakfast back in my single girl days, but I can't send Addie out the door for the school bus with a stomach full of chow mein, or can I? Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day but it is also the easiest one to skip. Running late? You can grab something quick later, but then later comes and you realize you never grabbed anything and you're bordering on so grouchy you're unfit for being out in public.

I'm terribly guilty of skipping breakfast, I fed those other two little people breakfast plus the two furry four footed things, surely I ate something!

Surely I am very, very wrong.

I've found the very best way to make sure I eat breakfast is to sit down and eat first thing when I come downstairs in the morning. Email can wait, the baby can play, I need to sit down and eat breakfast. Even more important I've found I need to have good ready to eat foods available to me or I'll get distracted and not eat at all. Unfortunately there are some mornings when even a bowl of cereal is too much effort. While this baby of mine is little I need my breakfast to be mobile, this means bananas, granola bars, yogurt cups and hard boiled eggs. When at the grocery store it's temping to pick up super easy breakfast items that are marketed towards moms exactly like me. "In a hurry? Hungry? Grab this! Super quick! Super easy! Super tasty!" sadly most of the the super quick super tasty breakfast items are made out of super fake food. One of my most favorite things in the entire world is donuts. I would eat them everyday if I could, but on the days I do I'm left feeling blah by lunch. However the days when I'm prepared and am able to eat real food, real quick, I can make it to lunch without feeling gross and sluggish.

Quick, healthy, breakfast foods are first priority when I go shopping, otherwise I'm going to be going to the grocery store hungry the next time, and going to the grocery store hungry never ends well.

What's your go to breakfast?

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-53):
elasmimi
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I have just found a recipe for healthy breakfast. I has craisins, nuts, oats, all kinds of good stuff. I will love it, and my 5 y/o will freak out at being allowed to eat a cookie and milk for breakfast.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

eggs, cereal, toast, cheese toast

overwhelmed76
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I loved your pictures.. they are so beautiful and you are beautiful 2 .. you know I skip breakfast 2 and feel so tired all the time because of that .. I'd like us to be friends if you don't mind .. I could use some pics tips .. can't get them to pose for the pictures .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)