Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

TEENAGERS DRIVING!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok. my question is.... what age did you let your teenager ride with other teenagers (long distance?) I am facing a decision of letting my 17 year old go to the coast with several friends and their folks. I have always feared this day! She is a great girl but i worry! What should i do? Would you ask the girl who is driving if she has had any tickets or accidents? A friend of mine said that would be awkward?! I disagree but i wanted your opinion. Thanks!!!!!!! Worrried Mother!!!!!

by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Parents are going as well? How far is it to the coast? If it's a few hours or less I might say ok. If it's further than that I might ask the question you had.

lanie503
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM

The Parents aren't going in the same vehicles. They will be driving alone. The coast is 2 hrs away plus driving around the curves of the beach.  Thank you for your  response. I appreciate it.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If It was me I would ask all those questions too. 

javamom12
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't let them travel long distances until they were 21.  But short distances and around town I would say 18.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM
My mom wouldn't have let me even if the parents were in the car. Ultimately it's your decision... What does your gut say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I wouldn't allow it. My son is 16 and got his drivers Liscense last Monday. He isn't allowed to drive others around or ride with his friends until a later date. I do think 17 is too young to drive long distances. Teenage kids do some crazy things sometimes when they aren't around parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM
So not there yet lol! Good luck though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Me either....hope all works out!

Quoting Pammi86:

So not there yet lol! Good luck though!

kaitybird
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM

That is a tough question.  Depends on how well the teens drive and how responsible they are.  Go with what your gut tells you to do!   I know a lot can happen 2 hours from home but a lot can happen around home too!  Do what you feel is right, I am sure that it will all work out!  

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM
This

Quoting goddess99:

Parents are going as well? How far is it to the coast? If it's a few hours or less I might say ok. If it's further than that I might ask the question you had.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN