Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Dog question **Update**

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

Ok this is gross so I don't want to take a pic and post it but my dog's eye actually looks like it's dislocated. It's big swollen, and turned off to the side so when you look at her you see alot of pink and half an eye. Anyone know about this?? I have no idea how it happened or even when. Last night, this morning, Idk?? She has a vet appointment in 3 hours, they said I could use an ice pack but she's getting sick of it.

UPDATE:

The vet checked Zoe and said she has an eye ulcer.. never quite heard of an eye ulcer before but she put her on eye drops 3 times a day for a week. We have a follow up appointment next Wednesday. Thank you so much for the replies and concern =)

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM
What kind of dog is she??? I know that can happen with pugs, French bulldogs, etc. any breed where their eyeballs are more exposed than other breeds.
I saw it happen when I was doing an internship at our vet office in college.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM

She's part lab part chow. Her other eye is just black and small, looks normal.

3brown1blue
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM
:-( 3 hours isn't fast enough. I hope they can help fix him soon!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Is she an outside dog? Could she have maybe gotten attacked by another dog, or bitten by something? Sure do hope she gets better. I'm a huge dog lover, and it makes me so sad when they are hurting!

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Nope she really just does outside to go potty.

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Is she an outside dog? Could she have maybe gotten attacked by another dog, or bitten by something? Sure do hope she gets better. I'm a huge dog lover, and it makes me so sad when they are hurting!

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I know, her regular vet couldn't see her til Tuesday. I mean really! 4 days with an eye injury. ugh

Quoting 3brown1blue:

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Cherry eye, she can't see. She probably needs surgery(based on my experience. Some breeds get dust and irritants in the inner eye making it infected and it pushes their eye outward. Again,I say...she can't see. She needs vet care and of course I could be wrong, but I have a hound and you sure seem to be describing cherry eye
Schleetle
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Aww I don't know. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM
That's horrible :-(

Quoting goddess99:

I know, her regular vet couldn't see her til Tuesday. I mean really! 4 days with an eye injury. ugh

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM

eww I've seen what you're talking about. Not sure this is the same but I'll find out soon. Thank you!!

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Cherry eye, she can't see. She probably needs surgery(based on my experience. Some breeds get dust and irritants in the inner eye making it infected and it pushes their eye outward. Again,I say...she can't see. She needs vet care and of course I could be wrong, but I have a hound and you sure seem to be describing cherry eye

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)