Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Dog question **Update**

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok this is gross so I don't want to take a pic and post it but my dog's eye actually looks like it's dislocated. It's big swollen, and turned off to the side so when you look at her you see alot of pink and half an eye. Anyone know about this?? I have no idea how it happened or even when. Last night, this morning, Idk?? She has a vet appointment in 3 hours, they said I could use an ice pack but she's getting sick of it.

UPDATE:

The vet checked Zoe and said she has an eye ulcer.. never quite heard of an eye ulcer before but she put her on eye drops 3 times a day for a week. We have a follow up appointment next Wednesday. Thank you so much for the replies and concern =)

by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Replies (21-25):
Holly-Noel-CM
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I know, right! 4 days?! What was your vet thinking!? Sometimes I feel as though the money is more important than the "family pet" is. OR perhaps it was the person at the front desk that told you that. I would insist to speak with the vet on the phone instead of listening to the person at the front desk. Seriously, how rude of them!

Quoting goddess99:

I know, her regular vet couldn't see her til Tuesday. I mean really! 4 days with an eye injury. ugh

Quoting 3brown1blue:

:-( 3 hours isn't fast enough. I hope they can help fix him soon!!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Nope the vet never mentioned losing her sight and even after just a couple days of meds, it's looking Alot better =)

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Sorry I just now saw this. I'm so glad Zoe is okay. She's not going to loose her sight in that eye? What a blessing. Thanks for updating us. Sounds like you have her on the right track. She's lucky to have a mommy who takes such good care of her!

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I thought it was kind of rude too but it all worked out, I just brought her to a different vet and her eye is looking alot better already =)

Quoting Holly-Noel-CM:

I know, right! 4 days?! What was your vet thinking!? Sometimes I feel as though the money is more important than the "family pet" is. OR perhaps it was the person at the front desk that told you that. I would insist to speak with the vet on the phone instead of listening to the person at the front desk. Seriously, how rude of them!

Quoting goddess99:

I know, her regular vet couldn't see her til Tuesday. I mean really! 4 days with an eye injury. ugh

Quoting 3brown1blue:

cbk_mom3
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww. I'm so glad she's doing better! And, that she won't lose her sight. Thanks for the update. :-)

Quoting goddess99:

Nope the vet never mentioned losing her sight and even after just a couple days of meds, it's looking Alot better =)

Quoting cbk_mom3:

Sorry I just now saw this. I'm so glad Zoe is okay. She's not going to loose her sight in that eye? What a blessing. Thanks for updating us. Sounds like you have her on the right track. She's lucky to have a mommy who takes such good care of her!

Holly-Noel-CM
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so pleased to hear everything is healing! Great news!

Quoting goddess99:

I thought it was kind of rude too but it all worked out, I just brought her to a different vet and her eye is looking alot better already =)

Quoting Holly-Noel-CM:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN