Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

idk why my husband is such a slob but he is PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:27 AM
  • 9 Replies

He has lots of good qualities too. Like today he printed me up some patterns he found of easy things that I could sew and possibly sell, but he just leaves all his s*** around and expects me to pick up after him. He is an adult, not one of my children, kwim? He takes off his shirt and socks all the time and just leaves them in the family room. Today when I asked him to pick up after himself he was quick to point out the things that I haven't gotten around to doing yet and all my faults. It's not like I don't cook, clean, do laundry, take care of the dogs and the kids. So what if I don't work outside of the house, I'm on disability and can't work a normal job, it's not like I sit on the couch all day and eat bon bons while he works 10 hour days at a job he hates. A little appreciation for the things I do do and not so much focus on what I haven't done would be nice, urrrgh. I just want to slam my head into a brick wall sometimes, I won't but you get the idea. And for those of you who say just don't pick up after him, the house would look messy all the time if I just left his s*** and the kids s*** lying around, at least with the kids I can get them to pick up after themselves, he is a stubborn a$$ who will never change. Thanks for letting me vent and any advice on how to deal with a stubborn husband who doesn't do squat around the house but expects me to do everything, would be nice.

by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
misslady80013
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Throw his shit away! Tell him if it's on the floor you are tossing it out. Just because he works outside the home doesn't mean he can come home and make more work for you, what an ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Dh is the same way.  I dont think he means to, but I think it has a lot to do with the house he grew up in.  His parents dont clean, so he never learned to clean either.  Honestly, i dont even think he notices the mess because a few shirts on the floor or a sock stuck in his chair is nothing compared to what he grew up in. 

I will say, though, that he has gotten much better over the last few years.  Have you tried asking him why he doesnt pick his stuff up?

syoumans77
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I wish I had advice for you, but my DH is the same way.  Clothes left wherever he decides to take them off, shoes in the middle of the floor.  When he's sick and he sucks on cough drops, and leaves the wrappers all over the place.  But it could be worse...my DH has a problem aiming in the bathroom...ends up ALL over the place.  Good luck!

lillucky8
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Mine is the same frikkin way, and i work two jobs on top of chasing a toddler and being prego, makes me bonkers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I like the "throw his shit away" LOL ...

I also like that you know he's not going to change because unfortunately you're probably right. My dh isn't like this so Idk what to tell you. Good luck!

the3Rs
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM
" A little appreciation for the things I do do and not so much focus on what I haven't done would be nice"

Maybe start by doing this for HIM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmieandMom
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

If your on disability from the state you get a paycheck or a monthly check.  Mine started to do it when I put a hamper in the living room.  He also might be a little jealous.

3brown1blue
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree but be careful...he may end up doing the same thing!!!

Quoting misslady80013:

Throw his shit away! Tell him if it's on the floor you are tossing it out. Just because he works outside the home doesn't mean he can come home and make more work for you, what an ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hugs...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)