Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Working Mom Woes

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I've never been here before, but I'm looking for somewhere to find support and advice.

I have a 3 yr old daughter and a 4 month old son.  My husband has had one problem after another with employment issues.  I work full time, and we're still so broke.  I HATE working full time.  It would be one thing if I were working a job I love, or making enough money to do great things for my family.  I'm not. 

It didn't feel so bad until recently.  I don't know if it's because I've now seen how fast it all goes.  Or if it's because my daughter is getting older and I feel like she will need me more and more.  But I cry every day about not being able to cut to part time work.

I would love to go back to school to maybe do better, but I have to work full time to JUST make ends meet.  I can't IMAGINE adding school on top of that.  I want to be with my kids. 

Additioinally, my husband and I are on failry opposite shifts, so I feel like a single mom a lot of the time (I realize there are ACTUAL single moms who want to punch me for whining right now, lol).  I just feel like I can't do everything.  And the money situation is stressful.  And keeping up the household is overwhelming.  And I just WANT TO BE WITH MY KIDS MORE!

Is anyone in a similar situation?  WAS anyone in a similar situation and able to make it better? Does anyone have any words of wisdom? I've been trying so hard to keep my chin up, but I'm getting pretty depressed.

Thank you so much.

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 26, 2012 at 5:10 PM

**hugs** I've not been in this situation so not sure what advice I can give. Things will get better. Have you made some cut backs so money isn't so tight? Like for us, money wasn't even tight but we still cancelled cable, and haven't missed it at all. We have tracphones so there's no monthly contract/bill to pay. Oh we meal plan and that alone has saved us $60 a week. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Welcome to the group. Hope things work out for you. Good Luck!!!

Danielitosmom
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I'm working full time because i have a lot of dental work to get done and it is super expensive but i hate working that much and not been able to be with my ds and my dh as much as i want to , and not having much time with my dh makes it harder and also cleaning the house, so i know that it is not easy but hopefully it will get better, i hope that you can both get a job that pays you better

GomezMami2908
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Same boat you are in....I know how it feels all too well crying mini

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Its not easy, Hugs to you.. Try cutting back on somethings so you're not feeling so strapped, its doesn't have to be permanent temporary and I know you said you hate working full time, is there something you have a passion for you can possibly make money at home and online business, mary kay, avon..something so you can cut down on hours at work.. Also, the stress of you and hubby working different shifts is all coming down on you.. Oh, I hope it gets better.  Its never easy, we all have the same problems but differently some worse than others.. I was just throwing ideas out there, hope it gets better..

baby_girl8807
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I haven't been in your shoes but I know it can be hard. I'm fighting myself because I know I HAVE to get a job, I'm getting divorced.  But I really don't want to yet. I want to spend more time with my daughter before she goes to school. She's 4 going to be 5 in August and really wants to start school this fall. I'm sorry I have no good advice just kknow you can talk to me if you want.

oriannawhitney
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 6:50 PM

i have been in a situation like that. I have two little girls that are going to be 5 and 2. I work two jobs and go to school full time. my boyfriend works full time and we still have a problem making ends meet. There is not enough time in the day for me to be doing all that and cleaning and spending time with my children. I wish i had the answer to make things easier. I've just done small things like waiting to clean or do homework til everyone is sleeping so then i'm losing sleep but not time with my family. small things like that. my boyfriend and i do laundry together to clean and spend time together. all i can say is that i hope life gets easier for you and that your family can think of small things like that to make things better. best of luck love!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN