Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So you know you have a lot of kids..when....

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

you take the kids out for their birthday dinners and they automatically add gratuity to your bill,lol...This year we decided in addition to the kids gifts we would take the family out to the resturant of the Birthday kids choice...we have realized this may have not been the best financial decision considering we have had a child with a b-day for the past 3 months and do any of you know how expensive it is to take out 5 children & 2 adults to a nice resturant add in the 18% gratuity that they automatically add for parties over 7 and whew it's been about $300 a pop each time....but the memories have been priceless so its completely worth it,I just need to have a couple of glasses of wine before the server brings the ticket out next time!

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bncholbert
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 2:45 PM
$300 a pop?! Where have yall been eating?! That is insane!! I guess that is a big family but $300 seems extreme!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaleyAnn100
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Yeah I know! We gave them the choice, and as a after thought we probably should have put some limitations,,,so far it has been Hooters, Lafiesta(which was cheaper) and yesterday my son chose a Hibachi Steakhouse and we had 2 extra people with us. Lets just say 3 growing teenage boys can put a hurting on some appetizers, chicken wings and steak! On a good note we have a couple months b4 the next birthdays so we can save up some money for the next ones,lol..The tips alone were like $26,craziness!!!But the servers definitely deserved it!

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM

yeah i'd need a couple drinks too lol

Angeleyes_6
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I know all too well. I have 6 kids and its pricey doing everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Phew wow!

pampire
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Since you have some time before the next before the next b-day you could also search for coupons for places you like and have teh b-day kid choose from theplaces you have coupons for!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)