Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need advice

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a friend who is a young mom. The father and her are no longer together and has refused to get on bc. They broke up like two months ago, and she has been with two other guys within that time. She does not have a vehicle or a stable place to live. Right now she is mooching off a friend that is housing her and her son. She just told me she is pregnant again, and I am livid because she will have two kids under 20 and doesn't even have a vehicle to haul them around or get herself to appointments. She refuses to get w job and is trying to claim the the father of her first child is the daddy also. Sadly, I know that's not true. I don't know how to help her, I want to be a good friend but how can I be when she is constantly getting messed up and leaving her child with whoever. Ughh!! I think I would be more supportive if she was Willing to get a job and stop mooching? The father of her first child has no idea she's been with two other people and I am good friends with the father. I am torn, do I tell him it might not be his? Ugh sorry. Thank you for letting me vent, the father has asked me to be there for her, and I just dont feel like i can be, she is to irresponsible and unwilling to help her child. 

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomNChandler
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Dad needs to have custody of the baby.. I think you need to tell him that unborn baby may not be his. It's not right of your friend to lie to him at all but it's not his responsibility to pay for baby #2 if it isn't even his.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been in a similar situation with a friend. I helped her so much but when I needed help nothing! Nada! I cut off most contact and rarely see her these days!
recovered55
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I talked to the father. I feel much better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM
How did that go hun???

Quoting recovered55:

I talked to the father. I feel much better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
recovered55
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Great. He said the dates don't add up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM
This. I could not be friends with someone like that...

Quoting MomNChandler:

Dad needs to have custody of the baby.. I think you need to tell him that unborn baby may not be his. It's not right of your friend to lie to him at all but it's not his responsibility to pay for baby #2 if it isn't even his.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

If the child is in a dangerous situation and you know it, you have to call the police. Maybe it will be the wake up call she needs.

Fifi834
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Glad you talked to dad. Your friend is extremely selfish. Of course, it's the children who must pay for her foolishness. Sad.
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Glad you talked to the father. Hopefully someone will step up & take better care of both kiddos though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)