Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby fever.. Already??

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a 4 month old son and I'm already finding myself stuck in baby fever, to the extreme!!
I'm so scared to have another in the case that I might screw myself. What I mean by that is, my son is wonderful! He sleeps 12 hours a night since he was a month and a half old. He doesn't have colic, he rarely cries unless I get busy and forget bottle time has approached, and he talks and laughs all day long. I get everything I need to done with him watching, because he is so quiet and happy.
What if I have another, and it's the exact opposite??
I've always wanted to have 2 children. Now i'm stuck between having an only child that's a blessing and expending my family.
I wanted to know, from experience of other moms, how hard it is to handle having two children so close together? Should I wait off this baby fever and stay a mother of one?
Help! :(

by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM

My two are five years apart. The thought of two under two scares me! lol

rainsallthetime
by on Mar. 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

My girls are 14 months apart.  They are best friends and worst enemies. It was a lot of work when they were really little, but no different than if I had twins.  I am sure once they hit puberty I may regret it LOL!  But honestly, even though they were both a surprise I don't regret having them so close together.

hddcooper
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Mine are 16 months apart. My first was a very easy baby. Second, not so much lol. It is hard, but I could not imagine my life any other way. They are 11 & 12 now and it's still tough. The thing I remember wanting the most was the day to come when they could get in the car by themselves lol. I think the outings were the most difficult as far as preparation as well as the event. If we were home, all was fine lol. But with all the ups and downs it's still worth every minute of it !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Mine are 3.5 years apart and polar opposites. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM
You're still in baby mode though...your little one is still an infant...wait a while...atleast until he starts becoming independent and then see how you feel...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM
For me its hard and my kids are two in a half years apart. Everyones different but since ur asking i say wait a year or two. My daughter was a calm bby and this one is very needy and colicky. I never get a break:-(

Quoting 3brown1blue:

You're still in baby mode though...your little one is still an infant...wait a while...atleast until he starts becoming independent and then see how you feel...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM

My 1st. two were close....my 1st. was 6mo. when I became pregnant with my 2nd....I had to adjust to having another....a newborn and a toddler.

JBbean
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM

How was parenting with them that close together? Do you wish you would have more age between the two??

Quoting delanna6two:

My 1st. two were close....my 1st. was 6mo. when I became pregnant with my 2nd....I had to adjust to having another....a newborn and a toddler.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I'm ok with the age range.....We both wanted a another baby...but it did take adjusting....sometimes I felt like I was on wheels going from one to the other...but one thing that helped was I had support from the family and dh.....and after a while things were better schedule-wise with the babies.....but each person is different....go with how you are flowing with things....I hope and wish the best for you:)

Quoting JBbean:

How was parenting with them that close together? Do you wish you would have more age between the two??

Quoting delanna6two:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)