Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should I or shouldnt I say anything???

Posted by   + Show Post

OK,,, my kids and I moved in with my boyfriend about 5 months ago ,maybe more,,,,,and every so offend i find things that were of his kids mom(which has passed away and they werent together wen she passed),,,,he moved in the house where she lived with their kids because they agreed that would be the best thing for the kids at the time,I can see how that was a good idea.So has we are cleaning up i find and rearrange some of her things,I ask him is he going to get rid of the thing and I can get it that he is trying to save some of the things for the kids but i am getting the feeling that its not only for the kids but he has some attachment with thethings,,,one day I picked up something that had belonged to her and gave it to him and he just like melted he held it in his hands and said something about her I really didnt hear wat he had said but I know what it was about her because of his eyes.I dont want to cause a problem about the items but if u and her werent together at her passing then why is it so hard for him to get rid of the things,,,,,,my question is should I say anything and have this same conversation for the second or third time and just let it  go,IM NOT SURE  but it is really getting to me,,,,and no not at all I am not the jealous type I think its more that I cant do cluter and its just in the way.advise please!!!!

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Replies (11-16):
LMommy11
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I'm sure he does "have feelings for her," but not in the in love with her sense. More in the they have kids together and he is always going to have a special place in his heart for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I would just give it some time. Especially since you all are living in her house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goochie
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM

It is hard to hear, but at one time he loved her.  Do not be intimidated by objects that belonged to her.  She cannot come between you and he. Love him and hold him when he is feeling that way. Let him know that you are there for him and he will love you even more for allowing him to feel the way he does with her belongings. I am sure he hurts for his children as well.  Be patient , do not bring it up anymore.  How long have you been in the home and how long has it been since she passed?

19nene80
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM

she passed in november 2010 and we have been together since last april,im do feel kinda bad but this is how i feel and again im not some heartless person

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I think so too.

Quoting katieabril:

Dont worry about it too much it will take some time.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I'm sure that house is bring back memories too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN