Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Dh-introvert vs extrovert advice needed

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dh is an introvert and I am an extrovert. We are clashing like crazy. I'm talkative and out going and he is quiet and withdrawn. Our relationship Is fizzling out. We do love each other so we are trying to make it work. when we argue, I want to talk about it to work it out so I don't go to bed mad, and he wants to be left alone and tall about it in the morning, but I can't sleep if we don't resolve our differences. I am on mobile so sorry if this is all rambled together.
Anyone have any advice on how introverts and extroverts can have a loving relationship?

Thanks ladies!

Ps. I ended my friendship with the drama queen, no more drama besides daily life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I'm "in" and dh is more "ex".....It can be challenging....I hope things can work out for you.

itsblissmas
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I wish I had answers for you but I'm in the same boat except I'm the introvert and he's the extrovert. We are 100% opposites in EVERY way. It can be very frustrating for sure.

hugs

marisab
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM

MARRIAGE COUNSELING AND BETTER COMMUNICATION DID WONDERS FOR MY HUSBAND AND JUST WANTING TO DO WORK IT OUT!!

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:42 AM
I'm an ex, dh is more of an in but neither of us like talking about feelings. Lol.

Try writing him a letter. You get it out and he can read it in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM

BUMP

I'm not sure, We are both In... so I haven't had to deal with this. Hope someone has some advice for you!

JamcianMomma
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Well me and myn fiancee are the opposites also cause he is insecure and im not but when we argue we dont go to bed upset cause if i did go to bed upset i couldnt sleep and i would wake up grouchy sorry i cant help with ur question

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:28 PM

In any marriage you have to give and take. He should be able to at least talk to you about his feelings. You are his wife after all.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Have you read the book The Five Love Languages?

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM
This is like my dh and I but me being outgoing makes up for him not being as outgoing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)