Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How would you handle this?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, so Aubrey has been dancing for 4 yrs now and she's had this girl in her ballet class the last 2 yrs.  Apparently, DH went to school with her mom.  She used to bartend here in town and I've spoken to her the one time I've been in the bar.  I've literally spoken to her ONE time.  Well, so anyways, she friend requested me on FB and I was like, eh...ok whatever and I accepted it.  Then this morning I get the following message from her.  Her DD does go to Aubrey's school, she's a yr younger than her though.  School gets out at 3:10 (Aubrey walks home from school) and dance is at 3:45.  I talked to DH about it, he said to tell her no.  I feel bad telling her no without more details but I also don't want to ask for more details and then turn her down.  I'm weird in my desire to always help/please people.  lol What would you do?

Hi Michelle, I was wondering if it would be possible for D to go with Aubrey to Dance. I don't get done with work early enough to get her from School and take her there. She has been wanting to walk but I'm not ready for that! Please let me know if it will work out. Thanks!

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Um if the girls are friends, and I was going to go to the school anyway to pick up my dd and bring her to dance, I probably would. But if it's going to inconvenience you in any way then just say you can't.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM

oh sorry I just saw your dd walks home. Well ok if you actually had to make a special trip to school to pick up some little girl you don't know, then I wouldn't do it. I mean it's weird because I would never ask a stranger to pick up my dd and take her anywhere.

Quoting goddess99:

Um if the girls are friends, and I was going to go to the school anyway to pick up my dd and bring her to dance, I probably would. But if it's going to inconvenience you in any way then just say you can't.

snuggiewoogie
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I think I would nip that in the bud right now. Sometimes when things like this get started they keep on going. I would only do what you feel comfortable with :)

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Yeah, they aren't friends.  Aubrey says they talk a little bit at lessons, but they don't even see each other at school.

Quoting goddess99:

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I know right?!?!  I would never ask some random person I barely know to take my kids anywhere!

Quoting goddess99:

oh sorry I just saw your dd walks home. Well ok if you actually had to make a special trip to school to pick up some little girl you don't know, then I wouldn't do it. I mean it's weird because I would never ask a stranger to pick up my dd and take her anywhere.

Quoting goddess99:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM

She must think you pick up Aubrey from school. If that was the case I would give her a ride. That's just me. But since that is not the case tell her no and that can be the reason if she asks.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Quoting snuggiewoogie:

I think I would nip that in the bud right now. Sometimes when things like this get started they keep on going. I would only do what you feel comfortable with :)

This!
midjet117
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM
im with hubby on this one. I wouldnt do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN