Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mothers

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM
  • 20 Replies
Does anyone else have a bad relationship with their mother? My parents have helped me so much with my DD, but it still doesn't change the fact that I can't stand my mother and she can't stand me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I didn't have the greatest relationship with my mother either. She passed away this past October. 

my07angel
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM

My mother and I are very close. My MIL and I are a different story, and its a work in progress...

I hope you find some peace with your mom. Life is too short.  Just my two cents...

Good luck!

LovinCambree
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I have always had a horrible relationship with my mother. She does nothing but lie to me and steal from me. No joke, it's ridiculous

syoumans77
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Yeah I don't have a great relationship with mine either.  I basically tolerate her.  That may sound mean but it's true.  Had she treated me differently growing up things would probably be different now.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I have an unhealthy relationship with my mom. She was super controlling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:48 PM
This.

Quoting LovinCambree:

I have always had a horrible relationship with my mother. She does nothing but lie to me and steal from me. No joke, it's ridiculous

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammapav
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I have always had a great relationship with my mother but I have a Girlfriend who has a bad one with her.  Some people should never be parents.

brandi185
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM

my relationship with my mom isn't good or bad it just is.  i don't confide in her and i don't go to her for advice.  we talk but it's never anything life changing.  

i very much dis-like my mil and she thinks we're best friends.  i tolerate her.

MarinaVictoria
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Mine too! Since she's helping me, she uses that to still control me. It's getting rediculous. She sends me about 30 emails a day and demands that I reply to all of them, if my daughter gets hurt (a scrape on the knee) she goes crazy, if I don't answer or return her phone calls she gets upset. I don't understand how she has so much energy to control my life, but then she complains she's exhausted.

Quoting jltplk25:

I have an unhealthy relationship with my mom. She was super controlling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I don't like my mother at all ... she wasn't much of a role model and definitely helped f*ck up my life...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN