Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

HELLLP!! EPISIOTOMY STITCHES AND BOYFRIEND QUESTION!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

1st  My name is Stephanie, I have had an episiotomy, and I am seeing a new doctor and he said hes never seen stitches like mine. They were a type of metal like stitches...non-dissolving...(ugh) well  he needs to pull them out...will it hurt?

2nd...My boyfriend/baby girl's father, seems to not want anything hardly to do with our 7 week old baby. It is starting to frustrate me....he expects me to do it all...he works night shift and sleeps ALL day...except when he gets on his lap top to watch videos...he would rather do that then hold his baby?....He also spends $60 or more on games bbut complains when I want to get our daughter some onesies for the warmer weather...and on his free time weekends he would rather hang out with other people than spend family time with us....any advice...?

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:52 AM
I had stitches that dissolved both times. So, I'm not sure about that.

As far as things with your bf... The newborn stage is almost always really hard and awkward for men. They don't have those instant parental instincts like moms do. But, I think his biggest issue is that he needs to grow up and step up to the plate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lucky2haveLiam
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM

1st IDK why they would do that to you:( Mine were dissolving (thank God)

2nd Umm maybe hes adjusting still? Hopefully he pulls his head out of his butt and steps up. My dh works graveyard and sleeps a lot and while he may not always have time/money to pamper me he always makes time to holp Liam (our DS) and doesn't ever buy anything for himself unless Liam has everythig he needs. Soo yea maybe have a serious talk with him..

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1st- idk... I never had one.

2nd- he could be adjusting. You need to sit down with him and tell h your frustrations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Q1: Never had one

Q2: Have you tried to using specific sentences. Like Dh can you please put a new bag in the trash can? Can you please put the wet clothes in the dryer?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I had dissoved kind too. Sarah is right on the money about your boyfriend hun.

Quoting splatz:

I had stitches that dissolved both times. So, I'm not sure about that.

As far as things with your bf... The newborn stage is almost always really hard and awkward for men. They don't have those instant parental instincts like moms do. But, I think his biggest issue is that he needs to grow up and step up to the plate.

UncertainHopefl
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Thank you all for the advice. I had the stitches pulled...it hurts.   and everytime i try talking to him about it he just says that he actually has a job and works .....hr wont understand that taking care of baby is a full time job...with no cllock out time...

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully he's just a boyfriend and easy to get rid of. Men don't change, if he doesn't have interest now, I doubt he'll have interest when she's walking, talking, and getting into everything.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM

no offense, but that sounds like my EX. and that was WHY he was my ex. not to mention he was abusive and controling.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I had the dissolve stitches too....don't know...maybe you could google or check with drs.

Hope things get better.

3Dani75
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM

how old is this idiot? I'm sorry no offense to you but really come on !!! being a full time mother of a new born is the hardest job there is...he helped make her he can help take care of her...I've never heard of those types of stitches being used down there after delivery so can't help you there sorry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)