Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

teething baby

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is now teething at 9 months and running a very high fever and very fussy. Any ideals how i can calm here and help here feel better?

by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 29, 2012 at 1:22 PM

A cool washcloth to the head, ask your doctor if you want to give baby advil or baby tylenol. I used water filled teethers that you put in the fridge. They seemed to help with the tooth pain. Baby anbesol to numb as well.

3Dani75
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:12 PM

this...also don't ever let some brain dead doctor tell you that it's not from teething, my oldest was teething and had these issues as well and her doctor tried to tell me it was something else because babies don't get sick when teething...I was like WHAT??? yes they do!!!! Sometimes she enjoyed a bath, not too cool cause then she'll end up with cold chills. Good luck momma!

Quoting goddess99:

A cool washcloth to the head, ask your doctor if you want to give baby advil or baby tylenol. I used water filled teethers that you put in the fridge. They seemed to help with the tooth pain. Baby anbesol to numb as well.

AlonnaJon108051
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Thank you such much mommies great help i will try them both!! :)

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Freeze a wet washcloth & let her gum on that. My daughter loved her mesh feeder. I would pop an apple slice into it & let her go to town on it. That was one of the only ways I could get her to eat when she was teething at that age.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Don't use baby orajel. It hardens the guns, making it more painful. Best bet is to use baby tylenol and if that doesn't work, alternate it with baby ibuprofen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM

A high fever is more than just teething. She needs to see a doctor. A slight fever it can be due to teething.

CayShek
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Freeze a wet wash cloth and let her chew on it!

Also, babies DO get sick from teething! My baby brothers would get ear infections every single time they were cutting teeth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Wash cloth from the freezer, teething rings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN