Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

WARNING: Way TMI! Proceed with caution.... lol

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Should the practitioner in question be reported?

Options:

No. The OP is overreacting.

I'm not sure.

Yes. This should NOT have happened.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Alright. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone before. 

I am currently expecting and I am 8 weeks along. I went in for my annual pap yesterday, and the practitioner said she was having a hard time finding my cervix? Anyway - she was really quite rough, and it was very painful for me, which I have never experienced with a pap smear, although I know it's not unheard of. However, by 6pm last night, I noticed extensive bruising, and had difficulty passing a bowel movement. By midnight, I realized I have a hemorroid. This shocked me, because I didn't even experience that during my previous pregnancy, or after giving birth. 

Today I am in quite a bit of pain. It hurts to walk/sit/stand, not only because of the hemorroid but because I am bruised so badly. Should I be reporting this? Or am I overreacting? 

EDIT:

I won't have to see this practitioner again - I'm moving to a new city tomorrow. This happened at the Public Health Unit, and I know where to report to, I just didn't want to report it if it is something that sometimes happens to women. It has certainly never happened to me, I've never felt anything during a pap. This being said, I have heard it can be painful depending on the practitioner, but this seems extreme.  

Thank you all for the feedback - I am going to report the incident to the Health Unit.  

by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I voted, I'm not sure. I think it shouldn't have happened but if it were me, I'd wonder who to report it to, is anything even going to happen to the person - probably not, then people in the office wouldn't want to deal with me... Idk that's just the stuff that would go through my head. But you have to do what feels right for you.

3Dani75
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I'm not really sure either. This should not have happened where you get bruising like that though, no matter how uncomfortable it can be I've never heard of bruising like that, I don't know where you would report it unless the pain gets so unbearable you go to the ER to get looked at ( I believe they would be shocked at the bruising from a pap) maybe they would know how to report...I would switch doctors though. This is not your first pap or pregnancy so you know how both should feel and that there was something just not right about it...if it worries you go to the ER & explain the problem & get a new doctor asap. Even when I had a doc give me a really rough pap I never ended up with bruising and not bein able to walk, thats just wrong! Good luck & congrats on the new bundle of joy!

NaturalMamaReid
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Well, it happened at the Public Health Unit, so it's not necessarily someone I would ever have to deal with again. Especially since I'm moving to a new city in 3 days. I know who to report to, I just don't want to report it if it's just something that happens to women sometimes after a pap. I have never heard of it, and it has definitely never happened to me, but that's not to say it's not 'normal'.

Quoting goddess99:

I voted, I'm not sure. I think it shouldn't have happened but if it were me, I'd wonder who to report it to, is anything even going to happen to the person - probably not, then people in the office wouldn't want to deal with me... Idk that's just the stuff that would go through my head. But you have to do what feels right for you.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM

No idea, that sucks though.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I would call and tell them what is happening to me! It isn't normal!

LexRi0709
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I'm not sure, but considering the fact of how bruised you are explaining, and the hemorroid, I would find a different ob/gyn and make an appt asap for an eval.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I agree with this....sorry this happened....never had this happen with any of my paps.

Quoting LexRi0709:

I'm not sure, but considering the fact of how bruised you are explaining, and the hemorroid, I would find a different ob/gyn and make an appt asap for an eval.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN