Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Toddler is Already Five Years Old.....and I still Sing to Him...................

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you ladies still sing to your babies to lull them to sleep or to get them to relax?

It really does works.

My toddler loves me to sing to him, any song, as long as it is for him, especially for him alone, he is fine with that and then he does settle down.

It is funny.

80s bluei love being here; thank you for spending time with me and sharing your thoughts. 

by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2camy
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I sing 'Baby Mine' to my 4 yr old dd every night at bedtime since she was an infant. She never lets me forget and it always calms her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM

That is great; Mother's Voice always Calms and soothes the babies.girl giving flower

EDDES
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I will always sing to my baby even when he gets older.

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeccaGK
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont' really sing them to sleep or anything but we do sing and dance all the time! My son is 5 and my daughter is 3.

2wardgirls
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I sing to mine but they are 1 and 2 it helps them go to sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM

The mother's voice is so soothing to her children; studies have shown that a woman's tender and gentle voice is very healing to a person receiving or listening to the sound of her voicesingingwhen they need nursing as well or special attention; it is healing. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing wrong with that....I still baby my 5yo...pick her up, etc...

3brown1blue
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
NA as soon as my son hit 4, he "grew" to an 8 year old mentality ... as in "Mom. Stop. You're embarrassing me." He's 6 now and acts like he's 10 :-/ ... my DD is 2 and she's getting to that stage too...and I used to sing to her ever since she was in the belly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I love to massage his scalp with my fingertips and hum to him a song or two or some kind of a tune or a melody; especially when he gets rowdy and he does get loud at times and I do have to calm him down so singing really works for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)