Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Young kids stealing...Help!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have 2 very young boys age 6 and 8 who LOVE to steal. I have tried talking to them about stealing like why it's very bad to steal and what the consequences can be when they get older, spankings, grounding, time-out. Nothing seems to work . I have caught them with the stolen items a few times while we were still at the store, and have made them go to the manager on duty to give it back to them. Still doesn't phase them any. Even 'patting-them-down' AT the store doesn't work either. ANy suggestions? I don't want them to grow up and be like their father (who btw is not with me anymore, left him when my boys were a few years old) Their father just recently had a talk with my boys and told them that it is a very bad thing to do and that he knows because he did that when he was younger and he went to jail... and so on. Some help would be great appreciated!!

by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Replies (11-11):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I agree. It will scare them straight! At least we hope! Sorry your dealing with this.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Call the police on them. Let them get caught. Maybe they just need to get caught by an authority figure. A store manager isn't that scary. Also, it could be that they're stealing for attention. Especially if they know they're going to get caught. My sister is a huge thief. And she's even teaching her DD to do it (that's a whole 'nother story). Nothing my mom ever did stopped her, she's even been arrested and sat jail time for it. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN