Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: Spills and chills - Do you have any crazy injury stories?

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

You deserve a few minutes to yourself so we're going to
pour you a (virtual) beverage of your choice and even serve up tasty treats!

Do you have any crazy injury stories? About your kids OR you?!
Broken bones? Bar fights? Tell us about them!

While you wait for your request to be filled check these posts out too!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time here!!

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Replies (91-100):
Cafe Beth
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Ok that's it, I can't take anymore of these stories. Just kidding!

Enjoy your drink. :)

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

yeah... i tripped and snapped my arm bones.  i was just hopping up over something.. like... 20 inches tall - the front of my shoe caught the front and i went down face first - but i had my hands in my sweatshirt pockets and the fall snapped both the radius and ulna completely and the bone punctured thru and came out of my arm.  required emergency surgey to put a plate and screws on each bone.  it was such a a freak thing - such a huge injury for such a minor accident.

Cafe Beth
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Oh no, that's awful!

Quoting huntn_momma2010:

I don't drink coffee, but I will take a cup of tea. 

Last year I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up to go to bed, I was walking across our threshold and apparently I missed the stair and fell into the baby's crib that is in our room and I cut my knee open and still have the scar from walking off the step. The sad thing is that my husband watched the whole thing and laughed. Apparently I was sleep walking he said. 

Cafe Beth
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh the memories! :)

Here's a little something for you!

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

when i was in 3rd grade, my older sister and i had a teacher inservice day (no school). we were playing eith our brothere tball set in the front yard. apparently when my sister was in 5th grade, she thought that when plaing tball, you need a powerful backswing, much like you do in golf. i got a mid grade consussion, and 13 stitches in my head. last week, we bought our 3yo ds a tball set and jokingly told him aunt kimmy wasnt allowed to plat it with him. he asked why and i kind of told him that she accidently cracked me in the head with a ball bat and i got a big owie. he says "if aunt kimmy plays, i will just have to crack HER in the head". lmao

Its.me.Sam.
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

lol.
thanks for the drink..it looks aamaaaaaaaaaazing :) 

Quoting Cafe Beth:

Ok that's it, I can't take anymore of these stories. Just kidding!

Enjoy your drink. :)

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

yeah... i tripped and snapped my arm bones.  i was just hopping up over something.. like... 20 inches tall - the front of my shoe caught the front and i went down face first - but i had my hands in my sweatshirt pockets and the fall snapped both the radius and ulna completely and the bone punctured thru and came out of my arm.  required emergency surgey to put a plate and screws on each bone.  it was such a a freak thing - such a huge injury for such a minor accident.

Ladybugmama86
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I actually want a big glass of chocolate milk right now.. Weird I know. Thank you =)

When I was younger I: had a knife thrown at me and it hit my hand and all this really dark, almost black, blood came out and I passed out.

I stapled my thumb and it went all the way through my thumb

I stepped on a paper clip that had been straightened and it went into my heel 2 inches

I got hit in the face with a softball and it almost broke my nose and ruined my new dress=/

But no broken bones, concussions or anything like that!!

My kids have never had anything happen to them, except my oldest when she was just starting to roll over (so around 6 months) I laid her down on my bed to sleep and awhile later I heard her crying but couldn't find her and I was looking all over the place, finally found her UNDER THE BED!!!! she had rolled off the bed and then under neath it. Needless to say that is how I learned the hard way NOT to put babies up somewhere they can roll off of, even if you think they can't roll over yet.

2 days ago my youngest daughter was trying to talk to her daddy through the open window and she must have pushed on the screen because I turned around to see her little legs go through the window, I dropped the dinner I had in my hand and ran outside so fast!!! She landed on the trashcans underneath the window and wasn't hurt, just really scared, but I about had a heart attack!!!!!!!! I now keep all windows within their reach closed.

My husband (before we were married and still dating) came home from a night out with his buddys one night and was all bruised and bloody... He had gotten in a bar fight. I don't know who won or who got beat up worse, but I was NOT happy with him.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
_brownie

I'll take a green tea soy latte, please.

Years ago I went bike riding with my then boyfriend.  We were all over the place and ended up on the other side of town.  The side walk was pretty beat up but I thought my bike could make it when my tire lost its grip and I went flying in the air, slide on my face, and landing directly in front of a strip club.  People were coming outside to check on me after seeing ladies made up and dance naked to find a girl with wild hair, missing facial skin, and ripped clothing.  Talk about mood killer!  Today I have no bruises but there is a slight chip on one of my teeth.  Not too many people notice it but I would run my tongue across and think of Centerfolds (the strip club) 

Cafe Beth

LOL, that's a cute story! My mom would have told me the same thing. ;o)

Quoting angie19134:

I'll have a French Vanilla............

Know for my craziest injury....................

I was fourteen and I had a high school dance coming up. My mom was givig me a lecture on how "dirty dancing" is not appropriate. :) I then asked her sarcastically "Well how am I supposed to dance?" and she said like this and started twirling around the living room and wound up tripping over something and falling on top of me causing me to twist my ankle. What's even worse was explaining what had happened in the ER. lol I was limping around for about a month after that and everytime someone asked me what happnend I lied and simply said that I tripped and fell.

Cafe Beth
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I sliced my hand on a can lid once too!

Quoting aidenmommy2011:

when I was 7, I fell off a hang swing glider thing and broke my wrist.

when i was 8 I fell off my bike and got pretty bad road rash

when I was 10, i was trying to make tuna salad, and some how sliced my hand open with the tuna can lid

I'm pretty accident prone. lol, I have hurt myself at least once a year. lol

can I have a iced hazelnut late with whip cream and sprinkles

Cafe Beth
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Sounds pretty wild!

Quoting jessi2girls:

crazy injury stories? the worst I've had are a few broken toes, a broken thumb, and a cracked elbow... as far as broken bones. the toes was last summer, and I don't even remember what happened really. Probably from tripping over one of my lovely childrens toys lol. The thumb was from moving, and the elbow delivering pizza to a house who didn't know how to put down salt and shovel
(note to those who order pizzas.. SHOVEL AND SALT YOUR DRIVEWAYS!!).

First stitches: were from my kids being born (thanx girls!! lol).

Two scars that I actually have memory of what happened:  1- on my side, use to look like a mini tire track, although it's faded in the last 16 years to look more like two smaller white zig zag lines... a friend and I were playing hide and seek, and he was on his bike.. I was walking.. we both turned to look back, and ran into eachother.. or at least his tire ran into me.  2- the other scar is on my leg.. my brother once threw a pair of scissors at me when he was pissed off at me.. he was aiming for my head, and I literally ducked my head to kiss my ass goodbye and he hit my thigh right above my knee..

I've been in a car wreck.. the car was completely totaled, but I walked away with only a few bumps and bruises, busted lip, and maybe a broken nose.. I didn't bother with the x-ray because I was more concerned because I was 8 months pregnant and wanted my baby girl looked at. She was fine as well :). (but this is probably why I HATE bad drivers and drivers that drink).

The one injury that made me the maddest though:  My brother once tied my teddy bear on a rope and hung it from the ceiling outside of my bedroom door for me to find whne I woke up one morning.. well, okay that was bad, but I thought he was being rude and trying to scare me.. didn't scare me..so I stepped out to pull it down.. and the jerk had thrown tacks on the ground figuring my head wouldn't be looking down, but up!!  THAT wasn't fun.

I'll take a cappuccino now please lol.

aidenmommy2011
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM

it hurts don't it. lol, i have a nasty scar from it

Quoting Cafe Beth:

I sliced my hand on a can lid once too!

Quoting aidenmommy2011:

when I was 7, I fell off a hang swing glider thing and broke my wrist.

when i was 8 I fell off my bike and got pretty bad road rash

when I was 10, i was trying to make tuna salad, and some how sliced my hand open with the tuna can lid

I'm pretty accident prone. lol, I have hurt myself at least once a year. lol

can I have a iced hazelnut late with whip cream and sprinkles

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)