Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How old were you when you had your kids and what were your situations in life?

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Replies (41-43):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I agree. My Lexie is 12 years old now and she's one of my best friends.

Quoting SassyLeigh:

And although they weren't planned they ALL were the best thing that ever happened to me :) I looke back now and see the people I grew up w/ and I'm glad I had kids young, I grew up fast and I wouldn't be where I am today!!

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

My 1st and 3rd were from bc fails, too.

Quoting SassyLeigh:

My oldest is 12, a year out of high school, the year my husband graduated...bc failed, Alyssa 9 I was 21, bc failed. I still went to college and we got married at 23. 29 with by 2 yr old and 31 w/ my 5 mon old. Last two were a surprise, we weren't trying but weren't preventing either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KhaysJadie
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I was 24 and had been dating my BF for 6 months. My boyfriend and I had split up because he got a little freaked out upon realizing he loved me. Finding out that we were going to be parents sped up our recovery process and, after considering ALL our options, decided that we didn't want what had become "typical" for so many women in my situation. I didn't want to be a single mom and he didn't want that either. He would never have skipped on child support  (because he's a stand up guy) but we didn't want so much of what comes with being raised with just one parent. My situation wasn't the best, I was struggling to just support myself and didn't know what I would have done with a baby to support. Even with welfare and other "safety nets" it would have been a struggle. I have no family that would have helped so it was pretty daunting.

In the end we decided marriage was the best option. We complimented one another and we loved each other. Even if we hadn't had love we probably would have married anyway. Caring about each other and being pretty issue free was enough. At the point when we found out about our son, it stopped being about us and what was going to be in his best interest. We're both a little old fashioned when it comes to certain things.

We've been married for 11 years and have three kids together. Ours is the "traditional" unit. He works, I stay home with the kids (at least until the littlest is in Kindergarten), house, minivan and a dog. :) The love we have now has grown and matured as the years passed. I'm happy with the choices we made back then because my life feels a lot fuller and more satisfacotry than I ever thought I deserved 13 years ago.

sillylady1979
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I was 25 was very unplanned but no regrets...and 26....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN