Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

over the weekend, me and my boys and my boyfriend went on a mini-vacay.. while walking thru the aquarium, every chance I got I was kissing him and grabbing his butt.. not in front of people, secretly, like when we would turn a corner or something.. and he goes

"you're a little but pervy in public.."

I was thinking WTF? Is this uncommon? Do people not want to touch their SOs?? I'm confused. I mean we've been together for 2 1/2 years, but I only recently introduced him to my kids and my family, so up until the past 8 months, we havent spent a ton of time outside of quiet dates and late nights together..

Am I weird?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (111-120):
RandaRenee
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Nothing wrong with it.As long your not making out in the mall.I think handing hands and kissing here and there is sweet.After 17 years of being married we still do.

BbyGrlPickles
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

LOL "butt pervy" sorry that made me giggle alot lol I don't think there's anything wrong with PDA as long as it's appropriate... If your ok with your kids seeing you do your PDA then it's ok for in public

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not big on PDA. I think it can be a double edged sword when children are in audience. You have to be who you want them to be. They do notice more than you think. A good way to judge your PDA's appropriateness is to imagine your 16yo doing the same things in public. If you wouldnt want to see your teen doing the same things, then you shouldnt either. I think you always have to take into consideration the venue. The aquarium is a family place and most parents wouldnt want their kids witnessing grown people grabbing each other's behind or anywhere else. You might very well have thought you were being discreet but it could have been witnessed. When Kevin and I are in public we hold hands, give a quick kiss, and say how we love each other. I dont, discreetly or not, grab him anywhere below the waist. Of course there are times when I cant wait to get Kevin home, but I dont hold a how to class for the public. I also dont do anything in front of my kids that i wouldnt want them doing in front of me. 

This isnt the Elizabethan era. we are grown people who have appreciation for sexuality as  a normal part of the human nature. Women dont have to walk three steps behind and its ok for couples to enjoy each other's company in public. However, you have to consider the venue and what type of people are around. 

AliandBrimom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM

mabye he just felt a lil weird out like at a family place with your kids that barly each other. if that was my mom i would die!! But me an DD are young and been togther for 10yrs. We suddle things, under the table, i know i get grossed out when i ppl tonging each other out at chucky cheese. movies its a pass, even at the mall.  

AliandBrimom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

We kiss once in awhile and hold hands. But there's such a thing as too much PDA. And if the other person isn't comfortable with it you just have to respect their boundries.

Some people go way overboard with PDA and that's when it becomes a problem. (Not saying you went overboard btw. Just saying some people need to dial it down a notch. )

actually now that i think about it. i seen ppl do it like they have to prove how "in love they are" i like the mystery of no one person knowing what can get me going, where i like to be touched or DD. maybe I'm just jealous. And my parents were big PDA, Still, to the day.

having chocolateMrs. Gallegos

ilovemykids732
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I constantly grope DH in public... haha but he does it too... :-)

2wardgirls
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quoting syoumans77:

Nah, you're not weird.  DH and I do it.  We used to do it more before DD was born, but he does still grab my butt or brush against my boob, lol.  I agree though, it depends on how you grew up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salviniata23
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

i dont mind pda but i really dont do it much. i think theres a limit, ive been with my dh for 5 yrs.  

tambrathegreat
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

My husband is Asian.  It almost made me faint when he held my hand for the first time in public.  This was six years into our relationship, mind you, so no. No PDA for us.

katiekruschke
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM

GOD NO! Being in public makes me more affectionate with my SO. There's something about showing him off, or having meaningful time as a family that just makes me fall in love with him a little more. Not uncommon for us to wrap our arms around eachother in a full on embrace and share a brief kiss or two. Even more common for us to sneak away to a secluded corner somewhere and have a deeper kiss maybe coupled with the copping of a feel or two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN