Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

over the weekend, me and my boys and my boyfriend went on a mini-vacay.. while walking thru the aquarium, every chance I got I was kissing him and grabbing his butt.. not in front of people, secretly, like when we would turn a corner or something.. and he goes

"you're a little but pervy in public.."

I was thinking WTF? Is this uncommon? Do people not want to touch their SOs?? I'm confused. I mean we've been together for 2 1/2 years, but I only recently introduced him to my kids and my family, so up until the past 8 months, we havent spent a ton of time outside of quiet dates and late nights together..

Am I weird?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
DiedrelovesTim
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM
I hate PDAs my ex husband was big on them...my current DH and I agree they are kinda trashy do we limit them.
squeekers
http://www.richdemuro.com/home/2014/12/17/how-to-get-a-refund-from-google-play-for-in-app-purchases-your-kids-made-without-your-permission
Today at 12:41 AM
by Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I have been married for almost 23 yrs. If I wanna kiss my hubby, I don't care. I will not go so far as to simulate a sex act in public. But a simple kiss or nuzzle or hug is just fine. NOW on the other side, if I see teenagers kissing so much it appears they are tongue wrestling, then yes, I say something to them in public.

BaBeezandMe
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I would much rather see and explain PDA's which is natural then see and explain violence which is not!

BTW, I don't think you are weird!!  I think you are loved, ENJOY IT MY FRIEND!!

Knightquester
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You're not weird I have been married going on 12 years and my husband and I still do that.  We're not overkill in public but when eyes aren't on us and we feel we have a moment we may do a butt squeeze.  We do walk around hand in hand no matter where we are, in fact it's become such a habit, and we do cuddle when we're in a theater or booth and it's just the two of us.  We're just as, if not a lot more, in love with each other as we were when we were dating and trying to woe each other.

My husband taught our kids when you are holding hands then two squeezes means he loves you, so now my kids will squeeze my hand twice when we're holding hands and say "I love you mommy".  I'm fine with teaching them to show love to those you truly love, because you never know just how long that person will be there.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

We mostly hold hands and will give a smooch in public.  When we're really flirty we'll grab a butt when nobody is looking.  We like people to know we are a loving couple, but we don't see a need to make anyone uncomfortable.

wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I smooch him, not all make out with tongue, I'll slip a hand in his back pocket.

Dardenella
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Sorry other that a hug in greeting or a quick peck, I do not do or like seeing PDA's

That is between me and my Hubby and not meant for public consumption.

We do hold hands in public so I guess that is a PDA.

sunshin3mom8
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Quoting braezmommy89:

Df and I are pda-aholics!! Im not like unzipping his pants and grabbing it but he grabs my butt kisses me holds me from behind etc

Coming from a past relationship where i was only shown attention behind closed doors its refreshing and in a way i feel safe.... that may sound weird but the little touches he gives me lets me know hes not ashamed and hes there, hes got my back haha:)

Lol exactly us too!
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, a little kiss in public or handholding, that kind of thing is fine but making out and grouping and such is just a bit rediculous and inappropriate. Keep it in the bedroom.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Eh middle ground for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN