Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

over the weekend, me and my boys and my boyfriend went on a mini-vacay.. while walking thru the aquarium, every chance I got I was kissing him and grabbing his butt.. not in front of people, secretly, like when we would turn a corner or something.. and he goes

"you're a little but pervy in public.."

I was thinking WTF? Is this uncommon? Do people not want to touch their SOs?? I'm confused. I mean we've been together for 2 1/2 years, but I only recently introduced him to my kids and my family, so up until the past 8 months, we havent spent a ton of time outside of quiet dates and late nights together..

Am I weird?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (131-140):
jenettyshome
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I don't think you're weird at all.  In fact, I'm happy to hear so many others are like me.  lol.  I love to do those little sneak pecks or butt grabs.  When we're in the kitchen cooking dinner and the kids aren't around I'll do a little boob flash.  lol.  It's fun. 

Neale Donald Walsch - "Mine is not a better way, mine is merely another way."

Divine Right to be Rich Blog

djsg11
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Not at all! It's nice, especially when you've been married like me for 12 years and we are still affectionate with each other. It's like an introduction to when we have sex and it's a build up to THAT point. It's nce when one feels close to another and feels comfortable with public display. Many couples are a little scrooge in this area which leads to being DRY when it's time to "play!". Haven't you heard that one should turn down the heater instead of off, else it takes longer and it cost more to heat ones home? This is the same for the relationship. Also, if you haven't tried this - go to an underground ( usually have to join first) and Open Play together, then come home and get busy!

Do ya thing GF!
bourbon901
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I am older than you are, I am sure by at least a couple of decades.   It nauseates me when i see people all over each other, especially in front of children.   I just want to say, "Save it for the bedroom, please!"   You have other times when you can paw around on each other and it shouldn't be out in public.   This is my opinion only and like I say, I am much older than you.   My generation didn't do that much.

djsg11
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM
This may not be appropriate in front of children, so be cool around them. It's okay to use a little caution like some smoothing, hugging- this is where children learn the most about affection and they build their foundation and the way they feel about relationships based on the messages taught from parents.

ScrChk23
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Nope. I do the same things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
djsg11
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM
So, what do you do when you are bored with the bedroom? I agree on the stance concerning children but couples have to keep things fresh else it becomes stale and routine. Men will always love their wife regardless but it's GREAT to have my husband think of me "during the day" and craving to see me when he gets home.

I am empty nest, a grandmother and happily married. JFK was president when I was born. Also, I am quite fit and tone so my drive is still at a decent level - most my age look, act and complain of physical challenges.
babygirlsofmine
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

No you are not weird. After 10 years of marriage, my husband and I still flirt, kiss and grab each other, secretly, in public. Kinda like stealing those special moments when no one is watching.  He's needs to relax and have some fun. Maybe he's just shy..

ShyJen
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM

My DH does not like PDA at all. We will only hold hands in public. We dont like having an audience so we wait till we are alone for the kissing and butt grabbing. We've been together for 12 years.

djsg11
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Oh, I did not read your post completely- as you are still dating. Affectionate display when a parent is dating may be too much emotionally, even if your child doesn't respond. While it's okay to have dates where there is interaction with your child and the person you are dating, anything beyond that is too much. Children have a " fantasy" of their biological parents reuniting or they may start to call you partner " daddy," and that's too soon.

Cool it in front of your child- save for when his or her eyes and ears cannot hear nor see!
stepdiva
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM
No. I don't think you're weird or pervy. I am also very demonstrative in private or not. When DH and I first got married and til now if his kids are around, especially the girl, he wouldn't come near me hardly. I no longer care either. I'm done with this marriage. Just in case y'all care that he's a douche. Lol lol lol.
I'm talking about like a kiss in front of the kids. I respected them enough not to do more. I do know that the kids want their bio parents together but I also think a kiss shows them that we are a unit? Yeah be cool with too much public displays of affection with step kids and your kid if he's not their dad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)