Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

over the weekend, me and my boys and my boyfriend went on a mini-vacay.. while walking thru the aquarium, every chance I got I was kissing him and grabbing his butt.. not in front of people, secretly, like when we would turn a corner or something.. and he goes

"you're a little but pervy in public.."

I was thinking WTF? Is this uncommon? Do people not want to touch their SOs?? I'm confused. I mean we've been together for 2 1/2 years, but I only recently introduced him to my kids and my family, so up until the past 8 months, we havent spent a ton of time outside of quiet dates and late nights together..

Am I weird?

by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
BusyB4thm
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

not at all...my bf was not the PDA type person but he has come a long way. He does those things to me way more than i do them to him. Its fun!

exhaustedmother
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Me and my hubby will hold hands and kiss in public all the time. Occasionally he will grab my butt and I will slip my hand up his shirt in the back. He has on several occasions stood back and watched me walk and whistle!

AdellesMom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:28 AM

We don't do PDA. We want to be in a place where we can get to it if we need to. Public property isn't the place for that. lol

angeleyes16
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM

We'll kiss and sometimes he'll grab my butt when no one's looking.

mariscilla
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I don't think you are strange or pervy, just in love and wanting to share it. I (pop)kiss my dh and he to me all the time. at stop lights. randomly for no reason other then we love each other. We hug and kuddle as we walk and hold hands a lot and this is still going on 8 yrs later. Let me not get on pda's before having kids in the car. lets just say it didn't end at kissing at stop lights lol.

Connie127
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM
I don't think so.

Aleta775
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Me and my dh are not big on PDA. We've never really shown any outward displays of affection to each other, and I guess it is because we never saw the need to do so. I don't see anything wrong with PDA if it is light kissing, hand holding, or a hug. Grabbing at each other, french kissing, and the like IMO is going a bit far. I'd rather not see it. I think what your SO was trying to make clear to you is that he is not comfortable with PDA. He probably loves you, but PDA might make him uncomfortable.

Armymom134
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Nah you aren't the only one.

born2bAmother
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:15 AM

no your not weird and neither is he....lol my hubby constantly calls me names like that when I grab his butt...lol

candimalice
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this

i guess it depends on where we are, like the beach i like to kiss or cuddle or at parks i hold hands or kiss but in the food store not at all im all about getting in and out. course im no longer with anyone so now my pda is all with my kids and my youngest loves holding my hand or having me put my arm around him if we r standing and looking at stuff, the older gets embarrased if i try to smooth his hair or put my arm around him lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN