Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Weekend Breakfast Traditions

Posted by   + Show Post

I’ve grown up watching the people around me work and work hard. My grandfather worked the orange groves of Southern California while my grandmother was a long time nurse. My father is a woodworker and my mother is a nurse as well. My husband is an attorney and I am a busy mom to two, a writer and a photographer. No matter how busy my parents and grandparents lives were during the week, the weekend always meant time for each other and big Saturday morning breakfasts.

Now that I’m grown with a family of my own, we do our best to keep the Saturday morning breakfast tradition alive, but I still look forward to Saturday mornings when visiting my parents more than any other. There’s something about waking up to the sizzle of bacon and sausage, the smell of pancakes, the clinking of silverware and the bustle of a busy kitchen. We spend all week working, running and accomplishing but when the food is on the table and everyone is seated? The week melts away and we’re all there together as a family once again.

I treasure the lazy weekend mornings we can spend together as a family no matter where we are. As busy as we are during the week being able to sit down with foods we love bring a familiarity and comfort in the midst of everything we are so busy with during the week. Naturally our weekend breakfasts must include icy cold orange juice, and Minute Maid Pure Squeezed No Pulp with its fresh, ripe orange taste tops off a delicious breakfast with my family perfectly.

Do you have a weekend breakfast tradition?

A special thanks to Minute Maid for sponsoring this post, all opinions are my own.

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-55):
Madelaine
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

we freeze food for later too

copperswifey
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

No we don't. My husband works 4 days on and 2 days off so we really don't get a weekend. :)

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM

This is every morning for us .. not better breakfast on weekends . I feel food gives you energy therefore eat.  I make DD hot food every morning  for school time,  either omelets, eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, home fries, hash browns, sausage egg and cheese thin bagel,  also granola yogurt, boiled eggs, fresh fruit  served at times. 

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM
We don't do it often. Weekends are always packed for us. We do breakfast for dinner at least once a month though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Not right now we don't....growing up my mother mostly made a big breakfast on Saturday.....pancakes, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN