Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I threatened to call the cops on the neighbor kid...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 45 Replies

My son is acquainted with a neighbor kid, the kid is 11.  He's come in our house, he's decorated cookies with us, we gave him Christmas presents.  We had a lot of strange things happen in the neighborhood, trash left on our doorstep, chocolate frosting smeared all over our door.  We knew it was probably a kid doing it, but we didn't know who.  Tonight we were ding donged ditched, and I heard the person run away after ringing the door bell, and I chased after them.  It was dark so I couldn't see who I was chasing, when I caught up, it was the 11 year old neighbor kid.  I told him if he EVER messed with my house again, Id call the cops.. My question is, was I too harsh?  He immediately started crying, and I felt bad!

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I would personally find out where he lives and talk with the parents, then let it go, hes not your kid

helema24
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM

no he was vandalising your property and needs to learn a lesson before he goes on to do things that will land him in prison!

3brown1blue
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Wth??? What's wrong with him??? You were nice enough to include him in activities and traditions and he reacts in this way??? He obviously has some sort of psychological problem...find his parents...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pacino1982
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Wth??? What's wrong with him??? You were nice enough to include him in activities and traditions and he reacts in this way??? He obviously has some sort of psychological problem...find his parents...

Yeah, not to be too dramatic, that's the part that hurts...This kid has been in my house numerous times, we made home-made pizza one night, decorated cookies another night, I am always very nice to him, so I feel hurt he was doing it to our home...

3brown1blue
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he's harboring a hatred for you because you have a better household than he does??? He probably lives where the parents don't care about him. And instead of him hanging on to you he's letting out his stress on you/your house

Quoting Pacino1982:

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Yeah, not to be too dramatic, that's the part that hurts...This kid has been in my house numerous times, we made home-made pizza one night, decorated cookies another night, I am always very nice to him, so I feel hurt he was doing it to our home...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM
No, you were not harsh. I'd call his parents and let them know what's going on. He can get in major trouble for vandalizing your property.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel2320
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

you were not to harsh!! i do think you should talk to his parents and tell them the issues you have been having and see if you can resolve it that way if not and it happens again call the police. thats what i would do!

snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I would let it go he just a little kid. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Did he admit to the earlier vandalism? Or are you assuming he did it because you caught him ringing your doorbell and running? I would talk with him and his parents. I would assume that if he is responsible for the earlier stuff it'll stop cuz you scared the crap out of him. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2wardgirls
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I agree. Maybe talk to him before you get him in trouble at home.

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Maybe he's harboring a hatred for you because you have a better household than he does??? He probably lives where the parents don't care about him. And instead of him hanging on to you he's letting out his stress on you/your house

Quoting Pacino1982:

Quoting 3brown1blue:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN