Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I threatened to call the cops on the neighbor kid...

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is acquainted with a neighbor kid, the kid is 11.  He's come in our house, he's decorated cookies with us, we gave him Christmas presents.  We had a lot of strange things happen in the neighborhood, trash left on our doorstep, chocolate frosting smeared all over our door.  We knew it was probably a kid doing it, but we didn't know who.  Tonight we were ding donged ditched, and I heard the person run away after ringing the door bell, and I chased after them.  It was dark so I couldn't see who I was chasing, when I caught up, it was the 11 year old neighbor kid.  I told him if he EVER messed with my house again, Id call the cops.. My question is, was I too harsh?  He immediately started crying, and I felt bad!

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Replies (41-45):
snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

Quoting Mom2Addison12:

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

I would let it go he just a little kid. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

11 isn't little. 11 is old enough to know that you don't do that to other peoples home. he knew better. and i would've called the cops, not his parents.

11 is little and we all make mistakes as we go along in life. Your pretty harsh if you wanna call the cops on a 11 year old..........

well then i guess i'm harsh. but no one is going to get away with vandalizing my home. i don't care what age they are.

I got too many other things to think about besides a child playing around in the neighborhood. Even grown ups make mistakes......

yeah i don't believe you on that one....kids playing in the neighborhood is different....vandalizing someone elses property is not a mistake or a child playing.

I never asked for your opinion and I could care less what you believe. Sounds like it does not take much to get you worked up especially if an 11 year old rings your doorbell and runs away that is not vandalizing property!

ding dong ditch, funny. but egging and doing everything else the kid did is vandalizim. and he needs to be punished for it.

Are you done! This is starting to bore me (Yawning)     eye rolling

Didn't you ever do anything you were not supposed to do when you were a kid? Oh that right 11 that's not little too you. You should be taking down to the police station and be punished for throwing eggs......  Maybe they should lock up the Easter bunny he was kinda busy last night doing his job......Yeah ok!!

okay you are stupid as hell if you really think that it's okay to be doing what this kid did. yes i did a lot of things wrong when i was younger, but i never once threw things at cars, houses or other people, and i never once egged a house or did anything this kid did. 

and the easter bunny throws eggs? i thought he hid them ya moron. 

Name calling well you about to go down Haha. Your done!

non, i will get warned and that's it. 

Oh wow you are still ranting! Must be awful not to have any self control over what comes out of your mouth. You might wanna see your doctor and make sure you get it checked out ya know make sure you on the right meds.......

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I agree with talking with the parents.

strungoutmom
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM

not to say I am glad it happened to you, but I would really hate to know what would have happened if it was someone he did not know.  It could have been worse than just being chased home. I would go and have a talk with the parents and him at the same time.  Maybe they do not know what he has done.  I have had to this before and it worked out better in the long run. The Parents were really nice about it and were caring parents but they did not know their child had done wrong till I told them.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM

No you weren't to harsh. He needs to be scared. He will think twice before doing it again. As young as he is I would just speak to his parents if at all possible so they know what their son did.

Vodka4Breakfast
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Put a tack on your doorbell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN