Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dad has cancer

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 28 Replies
I was at my parents house yesterday for good friday dinner, and after dinner my mom just came right out saying that my dad has prostate cancer. I didnt and still dont know how to react. The doctor caught it early he said that it most likely formed within the last month so now he has to choose between radiation, surgery and robotic surgery. Wow I so dont know what to do now.
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Elgert
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Thank the Lord they caught it early. Prayers for you and your family.
USBrit
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You don't do anything, but love him and support whatever decision they make. My late DH died of Lung Cancer and he made all his own decisions, I supported him. That was 9 years ago!

mamivon2
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM

There is not much you can do except being there for your dad and mom.. If you can go to treatmeants with your dad, doc appointments, get yourself informed which treatment suits best for your dad.. Find a support group in your area..

The whole family has cancer not just your dad. your dad is just the target patient..

Good luck to you and your family

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM

All you can do is be supportive, glad they caught it early.

sweetmissy_05
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I am so sorry. I am praying.
streich420
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Im sorry mama *hugs*

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM

wow, i wouldnt know what to do either.  Here's hoping he gets good treatment and can go into remission.

FebPenguins
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM

We lost my FIL to prostate cancer. He was told he would likely die of something other than the cancer. Turned out he got penuomina and couldnt' recover. I personally feel it was b/c his immune system was down b/c of the cancer treatments. Is he going to get a second opinion. And I agree with the other momma that said you just love and support them both!!hugs

spmmmommie
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM
He is going with surgery followed by radiation just to make sure they kick this in the butt. He said that my girls need him to be there for them and I almost cried. He told me that he has never been so scared in his life. I just hope it all works and he can beat it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)