Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever felt like...

Posted by   + Show Post

You just know if you are having a boy or girl?? I didnt with Luke  my first I had no idea what to expect & was happy with either. This time feel like I know exactly what I am having. Again I do not care either way. I actually think I would prefer a boy. Everything I own & know is boy. But I cant shake the feeling I am having a girl. I told my husband I feel like its a girl cause I am not prepared for one (lol). But everything about this pregnancy is different the way I carry the way I feel I have had more trouble in 12wks of this pregnancy then all 9m of my last one.  Only like 3 more weeks till I know for sure. The week before I find out my Husband and I are going to try all those old wise tales that are suppose to tell you the sex of your baby.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
MrzPalmer
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I had that dream too when i was prego with my son and this was before i found out what we were having. Which boys run in my family so i was telling everyone that its going to be a boy then i found out that it dont matter how many boys and girls you have in the family that the male is what detemines the sex. IDK how... lol But I knew I was having a boy either way. Then one night I had a dream and I just got done giving birth and held my baby, and my son came out excatly how I dreamed him! Its weird cause it was like a vision! :) And in like a yr from now my husband and I are wanting to have another baby and I know already its going to be a girl. And honestly I really want another boy. I wanted a girl the first time but when i sat back and thought about it, I wanted a girl for all the wrong reasons. Just to name her and dress her up.... I started thinking way ahead in the future and could see my daughter being a spitting image of me. And I dont want hell given to me that way I gave it to my mom. Lol and Lord help me when I have my girl and the time comes for her to have her monthly cycle.But when the time comes for me to have another child I will love her/him just as much as I do my son!

Quoting sissyboogs:

With my first, I knew he was a boy. I had a dream one night around, maybe, 9-10 weeks. It was a very vivid dream where I was holding a baby boy. After that, I just knew. 

With my second, I felt like she was a girl, but I wanted a girl so badly that I couldn't tell if I actually knew it was a girl, or if I just wanted it to be a girl, kwim?

momof3girls916
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes!  I knew my second was a boy, I was 100% positive... I was 100% wrong! LOL

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I did

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I thought mine was a boy, I hoped it was a girl and it was.. yay =)

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I knew my first was a boy and I knew my second was a girl. It wasn't that anything was "different" since no two pregnancies are alike. For me, it was a matter-of-fact/gut instinct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartyOf5InWI
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I knew with all 3 of mine. My 1st I knew almost instanly, boy. My second I figured it had to be a girl because my pregnancy was nothing like the first one. And the 3rd it took me almost to 17 weeks to know for sure it was a boy.

jonnlilithsmom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM

at 12 weeks I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, and I just knew that I was pregnant with a boy, and sure enough, a son was what I had... 10 lbs, 9 oz, and 6 weeks late

with my daughter, I knew, but needed the ultrasound to confirm because I wanted a daughter so badly that I wasn't sure... and now I have one of each  :)

I usually know for other people... for example, a cousin thought she was having her 4th girl in a row, and I told her she was having a boy... she wasn't happy at first, but her son is an awesome kid LOL

MrsMedina90
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

As soon as the test turned positive I knew he would be a boy

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM
With my oldest I had no idea. With my youngest I had a dream about her before I even realized that I was pregnant. She looks identical to my dream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soontobemommy22
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

with both my kids i knew completely i just had a gut feeling. I have a little girl and a little boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)