Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I think I have earned the right to be petty sometimes

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I have a new sister in law (at least for the next six months until my divorce is final)  love her husband (my stbxh's brother) and I like her but she is an odd duck.   I know she likes my other sister in law better than me and I have no problem with that, I love my other sil, she is a sweetheart and outgoing and great in general what I hate is that she also seems to favor my niece and nephew over my kids, and I hope they don't notice that.   She rarely attends my kids birthday parties - supposedly she works on Saturdays - funny how she always attends my niece and nephews birthday even though they are also on saturdays, while I have noticed this I haven't said anything because I don't think it is worth it in the long run.   This situation is different.  My dd is celebrating her First Holy Communion on the 29th of this month, we invited the family to church and to lunch afterwards.   My bil will be there but his wife won't because she has a candle show that day.  I started thinking I know she isn't religious but she could still come to lunch even if she doesn't come to church, even if she is against the concept of the sacrament but then I remembered she went to my niece's Baptism just as religious if not more so then the communion.   The thing is had she just said "no I can't come" I would just assume it was the religious aspect of it and would let it go and probably not even thought about how she went to my neice's baptism but to say it is because of a candle show, I feel stung she thinks candles are more important then my daughter's special day.    I know it's petty but I would have just rather not known that.   I just can't help it this bugs me.

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Hugs....hope things can work out better...

monkeymom1104
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Does she host them? maybe shes had this planned for awhile. your reading too much into this. and the relgion angle seems a moot point.
sllytnkrbl
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM
She isn't a hostess. I am not reading anything into it as I stated I realize it is petty. I don't understand what you mean by the religious angle being a moot point. I completely respect the fact that she isn't religious so I would understand if she didn't show for that reason or if she said no without a reason. I was hurt because she favors my niece and nephew. I will reitterate that I know I am being petty, hence the reason I share it online instead of actually talking to anyone about it to not cause drama over it, this way it gets out of my system and I can play nice.

Quoting monkeymom1104:

Does she host them? maybe shes had this planned for awhile. your reading too much into this. and the relgion angle seems a moot point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I'm sorry you feel this way, hugs

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I'm sorry =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)