Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Facebook Gives Dying Groom Wedding of His Dreams

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 1 Replies

Facebook Gives Dying Groom Wedding of His Dreams

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on April 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM

tom cooperI'll be the first to admit that, despite my having a Facebook account, I've made fun of the social media site many times. And in my defense, with good reason! We don't usually get a heck of a lot out of the site, do we? Sure, there are people who post funny, thoughtful, or interesting links on occasion -- and that's cool -- but for the most part, it's a whole lotta "Work, then gym, then dinner with my girls!" and 52-picture albums of trips to Dairy Queen.

But. Once in a while Facebook is used for something good. Actually, scratch that, it's used for something amazing. Like funding the wedding of a terminally-ill groom and his bride-to-be. That's what I'm talkin' about.

Tom Cooper and Tammy Dale always knew they wanted their wedding to be a massive celebration. But when Tom's health took a toll for the worse, both he and Tammy were forced to quit their jobs in order to concentrate on more important things. In other words, money was tight, and they soon realized that their dream wedding was looking more like a pipe dream. So they took things to YouTube and Facebook.

The couple made an extremely moving YouTube video on their situation, and, additionally, created a Facebook page, asking for help in funding their wedding. The response was nothing short of amazing. Between friends, family, local businesses, and even strangers, Tom and Tammy raised $30,000 in just four weeks, and received a free wedding venue, limos, suits, photography, flowers, gifts, and a cake.

Not bad, Zuckerberg, not bad at all.

May this gorgeous couple, who has two children together, enjoy many, many years of happiness together. And may I never forget that, sometimes, Facebook really is an amazing thing.

Check out Tammy and Tom's video:

Click HERE to see video

How unbelievable is this?

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Interesting. Not something I would do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)