Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I think my son is ready :-)

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so yesterday while I was out side with my husband smoking a cigg while our son was trying to take a nap in his crib i turned on the baby monitor to listen out for him and of course his butt was not taking a nap but he wasnt crying either so i just let him talk to him self for a minute while I finished smoking and then I came up stairs to find my son with out a diaper on... LOL I called my husband upstairs to see if he noticed anything different and him being a man only pointed out his room being a lil messy and i told him no that wasnt it and as he walked closer to our sons crib he finally noticed that he wasnt wearing a diaper. My son learned yesterday how to take off his diaper. And today when my husband went in to get him from his nap he once again found him with out his diaper, my son done pooped in his diaper and then took it off. SO guess what..... Today were getting a potty chair and pull ups cause were gonna start potty training. If he dont want a diaper on then its time to learn how to use the bathroom like a big boy :) This is going to be a new adventure for my husband and I... Im sorry but I find this funny that my son now knows how to take off his diaper if he dont have clothes on with it. Im so proud of my son though cause hes showing me that hes ready to start potty training and when thats done and over with I WONT HAVE TO CHANGE DIAPERS ANYMORE!!! YAY ME!!  :) What mom dont like that?!?!?

**11.11.11 & 11.18.2010**i rock

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-14):
MrzPalmer
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM

LMAO you cracked me up when you said " dropping his pants and taking a man sized shit on the living room floor" One thing i have learned is that toddlers and children love to be a pain in the ass to there parents lol and its only cause they love us unconditionally :P

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

Good luck! Hopefullt he doesn't do the things my son has done while potty traing- such as dropping his pants and taking a man sized shit on the living room floor, and peeing in the bed of the tonka dump truck in his bedroom (literally 3 feet from the bathrooma dn the toilet).

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Not to be a grammars nazi but... Doesnt not don't! You're killing me smalls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Good luck. My monster has been trying to do the same thing. I dont think she is ready just based off that one thing though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssmitley1210
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM
If you have any questions send me a pm. I have 4 kids and I have potty trained over 30 children. I tought 2 year olds for 6 years. I used to be an admin in the potty training support group also. Its a bunch of wonderful women ready to answer questions. My husband just finally found a new job after he lost his back in January so hopefully by May 1 we will be in our own place. My dd turns 5 May 19 and I would like for her to be able to celebrate in our new home.

Quoting MrzPalmer:

Im living with my in laws to UNFORTUNATLY >_< but I dont see us moving in the next 3 months so im just going to try me best to work with him day in and day out. Im actually about to research the proper way to potty train your toddler, cause im a new mom and this is new to me so I think thats why im so excited cause its something new to me.

Quoting mrssmitley1210:

My son is ready too but unfortunatly were living with my in laws and I dont want to train him then move out into our own place like that. I dont reccommend pull ups except for sleeping though. They feel like diapers to children. I usually let them wear underwear and if they have an accident well then they know its uncomfortable to wear wet clothing. Pull ups pull moisture away from the skin.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)