Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does my husband even hear me ?????

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM
  • 17 Replies
Since we found out about our little bundle of joy it's like my husband shut his ears off to me he says things that make me cry like I hope you can get your body back and so on when I ask him something he doesn't even answer me and to top it all off he hasn't come to one appointment with me all I want is for him to listen to me and ge over this funk he is in anybody else going through or dealing with the same thing HELP I feel like I'm going crazy :(
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM

IMO, he sounds like a jerk.  Was this a planned pregnancy?  If not, maybe he's felling some resentment towards you.  Yes, I'm aware you didn't make the baby yourself but maybe he's just feeling a little off (for lack of a better word) because of this huge change that's coming.  I would try talking to him.  Explain that the things he says are hurtful and you'd like him to stop.  If he comes back with the "I'm just joking" crap, tell him you don't think it's funny and you'd prefer he stop.  Good luck!

Babyblisstaylor
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM
The baby was planned in fact he is the one who said he wanted a baby ugh I'm past talking with him I already tried that he did the whole I'm joking thing yeah well get over it
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Does your man look like this?

if not he has no place to talk about your body.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe you need to throw a pregnant lady tantrum. lol, if he isnt going to listen when you are being nice, then stop being nice.
sorry i Dont have any real, mature, and helpful advice. i have never been in that situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babyblisstaylor
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM
He does happen to have abs like this lol and I have a tight toned body to but just with a baby belly and I have to say that pic made me laugh really hard
Babyblisstaylor
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM
He would just laugh at me it would make no difference I would rather be nice and be able to say I kept my cool even though I don't too
Cranberrydee
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I am not a nice person, one of my fatal flaws is I am very petulant. I know, not something to brag about being a grown ass adult and everything. Anywho, I would pitch an ever loving fit if my husband even thought a hint whisper about my body size and the state it is in, pre or post pregnancy. Buut, that's where I have no practical experience to draw from seen as how my husband has a bit of a soft side for soft ladies ;) Anyhow, That's all the advice I can give on that one. I have always been sensitive about my body and I know from previous boyfriends that that sort of ridicule, intentional or otherwise, cuts deep. You really need to bring this up and demand that these jokes are wearing on you. Bring out the hysterics if need by, I never cry just to get what i want, incapable of crying on command, but if I feel the urge to cry, nothing is stopping those tears, and sometimes that is what is needed to make a man realize that these jokes aren't harmless, that they really mean something to you.

CafeMom Tickers
snuggiewoogie
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Hope things get better ;)

midjet117
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM
honey there a better men out there and one day 10 yrs from now after your sick and tired of him and his asshole ways, youll see
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boykinslatte
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

This is a hard one but (WE) woman have to remember that we have something that they want ;) He can't play this game too long... The ball is always in the womans court she just has to know how to score! He dont want to talk fine! But make your body do the talking for U and when he's ready to talk you just lounge around in birthday suit like he's not even there. Don't feel bad for him when he's begging. LOL! This is your time to express your feeling!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)