Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Aunt told my 8 year old son, "Your Mom is UGLY!"

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

My aunt has always been a difficult person, kind of a bitch.  She can be nice and generous, and my kids love her.  The last visit I had with her, she was a total bitch, so I was going to keep my distance from her for awhile.  I was talking to my cousin about our Aunt, telling her I'm thinking of going and visiting her.  When I got off the phone with my cousin, my 8 year old son came up to me and said, " I have to tell you something. The last time we were at Aunt Patty's house, we were on Facebook playing a game and your photo popped up, and Aunt Patty whispered in my ear, "Your Mom is pretty ugly, she looks really ugly in that photo!"  My son didn't want to tell me, he was afraid my feelings would be hurt!  My question is, what the heck should I do?  Should I confront her, I really don't know?

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3brown1blue
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Just stay away from her...your kids don't need to be around people like that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't confront her...it wouldn't do anything. I'd just keep my distance from now on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM
What pp said. I'd be like "aunt who"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinners.mama
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't allow her around me or my children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm all for confrontation!

connie1118
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM

block her with your privacy settings...end of story

connie1118
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't let my kids go to her house anymore...with no explanation and block her your FB page

Pacino1982
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Quoting connie1118:

I wouldn't let my kids go to her house anymore...with no explanation and block her your FB page

You dont think thats too extreme?  I wanna make sure to make the right decision...

twinners.mama
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:34 PM
That's what I would do!

Quoting Pacino1982:

Quoting connie1118:

You dont think thats too extreme?  I wanna make sure to make the right decision...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coreys_mommy
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this

i think i would talk to her first. after all, she is their aunt! ask her to not say mean stuff like that around your kids. that's just teaching them to make fun of people behind their backs! i wouldn't want to just stop all contact, then your kids might start asking why they can't see her anymore. but whatever you choose will be best for you and your kids!! so best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)