Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Our home, my rules......

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, we finally came up with a chore list, and even SO has gotten some things tasked out to him. His jobs are cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the office, and taking out the trash. Mine are laundry, cleaning the showers and tubs (kids get to clean the rest of the bathroom, they're just too short to wash the shower walls), cleaning out bedroom, and the major part of cleaning the living room. 

So today, I've already vacuumed the living room, started some laundry, fed kids, and taken my 5yo DD to school. Now I'm on to cleaning the bedroom. Granted, yes, I'm a SAHM, but with a household of 7, there's no way I can keep up with a 4bd, 3ba house with an office on my own while being in constant pain. And his chores are the easiest out of all of them (if he would just stay on top of them...). So, while I'm cleaning the bedroom and working on laundry, I'm not lifting a finger in our Kitchen. He can play with that when he gets home. :) 

What are you ladies up to today?

wink

toddler girlblowing bubbleslistening to tunesteen girlbaseball

There's not enough coffee in the world to gain as much energy as these 5!

by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
MommyNyx
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Deep breathing exercises? LOL Really, I banish my kids to play in their room or do their chores, throw on some music, and just get started. It takes a lot to get me upset enough for me to give someone my piece of mind anymore.

Quoting ppixler:

How do you stay calm?

MommyNyx
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Honestly, I didn't give him a choice. I made the decision that I was tired of trying to do everything by myself and wrote up the chore list while he was at work. For the kids, though, it's pretty easy. We have them on HighScore House, so they like the fact that they are allowed to get on the computer, even if it's just to click on their tasks. As far as he goes, I showed him the list, made him read it over, and haven't had a problem with getting him to work on things since. Granted, it's tough getting him to keep up on them (especially the kitchen), but when he complained about it, all I had to do is ask him if he wanted to trade the kitchen for the laundry. His answer was a flat, "No!" So that's got him in gear a bit more. Now if I could just get him to get the dishes done BEFORE he goes to bed....

Quoting not-the-momma:

Good for you!!!
I wish DH would let me put together a chore chart.  Personally I think it makes it a lot clearer on what is expected of each person in the household and when things need to be done.  As it is, we have to keep reminding the kids to do the few tasks they have to do and since we don't have a schedule it never gets done on any regular basis. 

mamacalifornia
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Sounds like you have a good plan for your family started

paaepae
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am cleaning out my house top to bottom while juggling my 2 teething heathens. And our new puppy. My DH just returned from a short deployment also so I now have a shit ton of laundry to do. :( But I a glad he is home, so I wash his uniforms with a smile.

juju40
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

my kids have chores..my 21 year old was slacking off on his chores I told him I was going to start charging him rent man I've never seen him clean so fast...his bathroom and room are spotless and the yard has never looked better...

WDWEditor
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Not as busy as you are! Wow, you have a big household! My house is big (5 bedrooms, 2 baths, media room, kitchen, living room, dining room, sunroom) but only 4 people when everyone lived at home! Now the kids have moved out on their own I'm rattling around, oh, and stuck doing almost all the housework, so gave DH the laundry (which he can do while he watches TV) and cooking (which he enjoys) and errand running (which I hate). Oh yeah, and I stuck him w/the yard work that I'm allergic to.  Of course the deal was when he bought this house that he had to do the yard if he wanted a corner house with all that extra yard since my allergies are really bad.

nursemc
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I'm on vacation (or staycation) from work this week. woohoo! After my coffee I'm going to clean out my kids dressers and closets. Getting rid of the too smalls and the heavy winter stuff that will be too smalls next year. Every time i do this (about twice a year), I always find something interesting in my older dd's drawers. Notes from teachers I never got, one time a hard as a rock brownie, my socks, that shirt I've been looking for, that shirt she's been looking for. Wonder what I'll find this time.

MommyNyx
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Well, Today I'm going to go and finish the master bedroom, tackle one of the bathrooms, kill off as much laundry as I can, straighten the living room, and maybe get out back to rake up some of the crap that's laying in our yard (now that we've taken the deck down we've got a yard! YAY!), and at some point during that, I'll take my 5yo DD to school and go back later to pick up DS and both DD's. 

Oh, how I wish it was Friday already...

c-a-m
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

sounds great.  chore charts or assignment lists are great.  My SO does dishes and laundry once in a blue moon.  I pretty much do it all.  Have 3bd 2 1/2 bth with finished basement.  My son (7 yrs old) makes his bed, empties the dishwasher, and carries down his dirty laundry to the basement.  I am trying to teach him to not be like his father. 2 x Everyday I have to do therapy with my son, plus run him to OT, or sports that are assencially OT, plus cook.  Sometimes I let the dust bunnies run a little. :)

hurricane37
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Well, i dont think I have much energy, but I just do it because I am their mother and I have to. You have to reach for your inner strength sometimes and just say "well, i have to do this and I am going to do it". :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)