Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Am I Overreacting to This?

So my 5 year old son, Jordan, went to a minor league baseball game last season. At the end of the game Jordan got an autograph from one of the players (he will be called Player). Jordan completely treasures the autograph and is always saying "I want to be just like Player one day." I wouldnt have a problem with that except that Player has issues with drugs. In 2008 he got into drugs and then in October 2011 he was arrested for marijuana possession. I guess what im trying to say is that Jordan's role model is a great ball player with drug issues. Im worried about that but dh is not. Am i overreacting to this whole thing?
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Replies (61-62):
TreysMommy1
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 4:36 AM
No i dont think ur overreacting u are just trying to protect ur son which is perfectly fine.
LCG83
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Quoting jltplk25:

He's 5... he doesn't fully comprehend what drugs are, let alone that his idol has issues with it. I'd let it go. The people he adores will change as he gets older, depending on interests and what he discovers about them later on in life. As long as you and your DH are good role models, I wouldn't worry about the rest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)