Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Inapropriate gestures done by Kindergarteners

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM
  • 16 Replies
So my son is playing around, hyper like always, with his little sister. Playing with some balloons. And my son bent forward, hover circulated his netherregions, and said "Oh yea mamacita." I saw that and I went livid!!! My son is only 6 yo and I asked him where did he get that gesture from...there's no way did he get that from anything that we watch...and he said he got it from this kid he calls his friend. My husband and I both don't like this child because he's very rude and his mother is just as bad, I remember her from school. Well anyways, like father/mother like son right???

Is it possible to have the teacher keep the two away from each other during recess??? I just don't like that kind of behavior. I told him that I don't want him around this kid during recess (((classroom he kind of can't help it))) ... I just want to limit the time he's around this kid...

Advice???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3brown1blue
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I work in after care and sorry to say that if it isn't one kid it will be another! You just have to explain to him it's not ok to repeat things like that and to tell a teacher when another child acts like that.
3brown1blue
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM

It's just....so ridiculous that a 5 or 6 year old does disgusting gestures like that..and my son learning that... it's just wrong

Quoting Pammi86:

I work in after care and sorry to say that if it isn't one kid it will be another! You just have to explain to him it's not ok to repeat things like that and to tell a teacher when another child acts like that.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM

This is just going to be the first of many things he is going to pickup over the years. You have to be his teacher.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

You remind me of me when I was young. Then I learned it didn't work that way.

3brown1blue
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM
It's just...so wrong ... it's a sexual gesture being done by Kindergartners :-( it's just something I'd never expect

Quoting Janet:

This is just going to be the first of many things he is going to pickup over the years. You have to be his teacher.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I guess ... just it's disgusting and who knows what else that little boy is learning from his household :-/

Quoting Janet:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22angels38
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Buckle up, because it only gets worse as they get older. My ds is now 13, but he has been coming home with shocking revelations of things learned at school, for many years now. He's very open with me and just, *matter of factly*, asks me about it. I usually try to explain things, as best I can, but sometimes I'm so shocked, that I can't even respond right away. It's very frustrating and unnerving, but unfortunately, it's next to impossible to shelter them from those kinds of things. My ds is attending a private Christian school next year. I'm hopeful that the inappropriate information will slow down, but realistically, I'm afraid it won't make a bit of difference. For now, just try to explain to your ds, why it's not appropriate behavior and to not repeat it. Good luck! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM

He doesn't know what it means. It's simple mimicking. Telling him he can't play with that kid is only going to make him want to play with him more. You need to explain to him that gesture is not okay, and you don't want him doing it again. If you tell him that it isn't a nice thing to do, he'll understand it that way. He may even tell his friend that it isn't okay, as well.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

You'd be surprised! I used to volunteer in the kindergarten class. I couldn't believe some of the things that came out of their mouths. They would tell me about the movies they saw.. it was awful! Stuff about their mothers...etc. I felt  sorry for them.

Quoting 3brown1blue:

I guess ... just it's disgusting and who knows what else that little boy is learning from his household :-/

Quoting Janet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN