Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

STINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Help!!! My DS is constantly coming home with stinky feet!!! Today and yesterday  he  wore his   sandals and FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Stinky feet!!! He  washes  his feet every night  an still the same problem... anyone have any ideas to get rid of the smell??? The sandals are brand new..he    has  only worn them 3  times. I  read  about  using tea??? How  about  baking soda???

throwing up

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Replies (21-24):
3brown1blue
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM
The only time he wears something without socks is when he wears his sandals.

Quoting L1558:

Odor Eaters, baking soda, and Odor Eater-type spray. Anytime he wears shoes without socks, other than flip flops, it's really easy to have "smelly" feet. I even have this problem with some of my dress shoes, unfortunately. :( Leather wears great but can get stinky. :( I take a warm washcloth and a little gentle soap and clean the insides of my shoes out every so often.... I know it's gross, lol. But if he sprays his feet and cleans out the shoes every so often (wash 'em if they're washable), it should help a lot. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisajo76
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Wouldn't that make them soggy AND stinky when they thaw out? Lol

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Put them in a plastic bag (like a ziploc bag) and put them in the freezer for 24 hours. This should get the smell out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Well they have to be dry when you put them in. :)

Quoting lisajo76:

Wouldn't that make them soggy AND stinky when they thaw out? Lol

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Put them in a plastic bag (like a ziploc bag) and put them in the freezer for 24 hours. This should get the smell out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mikha1
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

MY HUSBAND HAS THE SAME PROBLEM! soaking feet in tea EVERY NIGHT for two or more weeks and every time the shoes come off stick newspaper in them and the smell will eventually go away (along with the tea soak) Ive never used baking soda continuously, so I can't say about that!!! GOOD LUCK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)