Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

"I'd rather have sleep than anything!" How Broadway Actor Parents Manage to Fit It All In

Posted by   + Show Post

Catnaps after breakfast - because what actor doesn't need a little extra beauty sleep? Bringing kids to costume fittings - because who wants to spend $40 for a babysitter for an appointment that'll last less than an hour?

In this episode of "On Broadway with Kids," we see how David and Jennifer, stars of the show Mamma Mia!, juggle their daily routines. They don't just perform on stage a few nights a week - their work life creeps into their "off" hours as well, and as much as they love their jobs, it can be a real challenge to get it all (laundry, kids, doctor visits, auditions and more) done. 

Is this what you thought the life of a broadway actor would be like? Can you relate to these parents? How does your daily routine compare?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-15):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Thanks! Me too!

Now if I can only get the house back in order!

Quoting foodie.at.heart:

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better.

hugs

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

This past week I have had  two sick boys and a sick husband. I litterally went 5 days without sleeping for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Everyone is finally starting to feel better, but I feel like the weekend can't get here soon enough so I can catch up on soem sleep!!!

And it's raining here which makes me even more sleepy headed!

boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Yeah, me too. 

Quoting bamababe1975:

I definitely relate. I work from home so my work is always spilling into home life.

CafeMom Tickers
dancingthrulife
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:04 PM

well...im running all the time..i like to stay active..but if my d/h is working evenings it is hard to do..cabs are pricey! so than im home and feeling like shait. i love my kids...and i do all my appointments in the mornings too..

the3Rs
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Me three.  I work from home full time and my 'office' used to be the corner of my bedroom.  There was WAY too much crossover between work and home life - very difficult to separate.

Fortunately, we've now built me a REAL office downstairs and I can leave and close the door, go upstairs and shut off from work (usually).

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Yeah, me too. 

Quoting bamababe1975:

I definitely relate. I work from home so my work is always spilling into home life.

boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I used to have an office in our second bedroom but then we turned that into a nursery so now my desk is in my bedroom. We're hoping to get into a bigger space soon though. 

Quoting the3Rs:

Me three.  I work from home full time and my 'office' used to be the corner of my bedroom.  There was WAY too much crossover between work and home life - very difficult to separate.

Fortunately, we've now built me a REAL office downstairs and I can leave and close the door, go upstairs and shut off from work (usually).

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Yeah, me too. 

Quoting bamababe1975:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)