Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick and Easy Additions to Add to Your Cart

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey there supermom. Looks like you have your hands full feeding and keeping track of those lovely children. I'll bet getting dinner on the table is one of the trickier parts of your day, trust me, I only have two kids and dinner seems as though it sneaks up on me every night. Tonight my husband asked "When's dinner going to be ready?" and I had to answer him "Considering I haven't even thought about it yet? Longer than expected."

Whoops. 

But it's okay! I am always prepared for nights like these, nights when my oldest has gymnastics and my baby decides to throw a fit. Nights when standing over the stove isn't an option. Nights when ordering pizza sounds like a really good idea but in reality it's not. Tonight dinner showed up as bits and pieces of several different things. I sliced avocados, I tossed up a salad from a bag (bless the salad in a bag), I baked a little frozen cheese pizza and sliced up some strawberries. Sometimes when it comes to meal planning it isn't so much planning the meals down to the last detail, it's about having several different things on hand that can be thrown together into a meal consisting of real food, not just take out or delivered pizza. 

There's a few things I always buy when I head to the store because they always get eaten and they're always ready to go. Baby carrots, a bag of salad, lunchmeat, berries (when in season), bananas, avocados (when on sale), cottage cheese, frozen vegetables, tortillas, cheese, and cereal. Yep. There are those nights we have cereal for dinner, but when you can throw in a handful of berries or bananas? It's far more fancy than just dry crunchy stuff in a bowl with milk.

What are your grocery shopping staples?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-60):
elijahsmama09
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM

My son loves fruit, so lots of fruit on hand, canned ravioli, mac and cheese, cereal, carrot sticks, ice berg lettuce(he will only eat the extra crunchy white parts, lol) with ranch or ketchup, cheese sandwiches, and pasta of any kind with sauces. My husband is the least picky person I know.

Rushn311
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I forgot to add Smuckers. I buy a box every week for my hubby. They are already made sandwiches in the freezer section.

ARmom
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM

for everyday - milk, bread, juice, cereal

For meals - I keep some frozen meals on hands for days when I know we're going to be rushing around.

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I always get milk, bread, eggs . . . potatoes and produce . . .

NearSeattleMom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Quoting Leelee1008:

milk of course. Shredded cheeses, ground beef, chicken, veggies, flour tortillas. I can do alot with those things.

Oh, yeah, me, too.  Cheese, ground beef and chicken are basics for me!

jugglingJoin me in The Lounge for more conversation!
               Or come chat on The Park Bench!

KristinRox
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Bananas are a huge staple in my house. As are milk, bread and yogurt. 

dixiegurl223626
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

milk, cheese, butter, bread, ham, and flour

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Milk, pasta, prodcue, eggs

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I have had cereal for supper, but it doesn't leave me satisfied- even with a fruit in it. So sometimes I have cheese and crackers and a salad.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I always try to have bananas in the house, but in the warm weather they ripen so quickly. A couple days ago I mashed 6 of them and made banana bread. A friend of mine peels really ripe bananas and wraps them in plastic wrap and freezes them. They taste like banana ice cream.

Quoting KristinRox:

Bananas are a huge staple in my house. As are milk, bread and yogurt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)