Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Quick and Easy Additions to Add to Your Cart

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey there supermom. Looks like you have your hands full feeding and keeping track of those lovely children. I'll bet getting dinner on the table is one of the trickier parts of your day, trust me, I only have two kids and dinner seems as though it sneaks up on me every night. Tonight my husband asked "When's dinner going to be ready?" and I had to answer him "Considering I haven't even thought about it yet? Longer than expected."

Whoops. 

But it's okay! I am always prepared for nights like these, nights when my oldest has gymnastics and my baby decides to throw a fit. Nights when standing over the stove isn't an option. Nights when ordering pizza sounds like a really good idea but in reality it's not. Tonight dinner showed up as bits and pieces of several different things. I sliced avocados, I tossed up a salad from a bag (bless the salad in a bag), I baked a little frozen cheese pizza and sliced up some strawberries. Sometimes when it comes to meal planning it isn't so much planning the meals down to the last detail, it's about having several different things on hand that can be thrown together into a meal consisting of real food, not just take out or delivered pizza. 

There's a few things I always buy when I head to the store because they always get eaten and they're always ready to go. Baby carrots, a bag of salad, lunchmeat, berries (when in season), bananas, avocados (when on sale), cottage cheese, frozen vegetables, tortillas, cheese, and cereal. Yep. There are those nights we have cereal for dinner, but when you can throw in a handful of berries or bananas? It's far more fancy than just dry crunchy stuff in a bowl with milk.

What are your grocery shopping staples?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
Rushn311
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I always have baby carrots too!

Quoting ceciliam:

Baby carrots I keep on hand to give my dogs as treats.

Quoting babyboxfish:

You reminded me I have some baby carrots I just bought!  Yes!!

Wish2Be
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Thats not the only thing we have in common :)

You are on several boards that I am on too and ...I think your a pretty cool chick !

Quoting ceciliam:

Sounds a lot like my kitchen:)

Quoting Wish2Be:

Usually Almond Milk, Organic Yogurt, Frozen Veggies ( these last longer ), and from Produce : Seasonal Fruit, Bag Salad, Red Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and occasionally Eggplant. :)

Thats aside from the meats and other necessities.

CafeMom Tickers
Leelee1008
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM

milk of course. Shredded cheeses, ground beef, chicken, veggies, flour tortillas. I can do alot with those things.

Leelee1008
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Sounds like me.

Quoting Rushn311:

pasta, alfredo/spaghetti sauce, milk, bread, cheese, butter, chicken breasts

Leelee1008
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:35 AM

omg I swear that is the same thing I buy. I ran out last night for bread, but forgot the milk LOL. I just bought sunny D at BJ's and a big two pack b/c my son LOVES the stuff. and grapes and hamburg is a no brainer, you can do so much with ground beef.

Quoting amy7243:

Mine are bread,milk, sunny d, grapes and hamburger. Those are the things I buy everytime I am at the store.

millerbunch
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM

milk, bread, eggs, cheese, chicken

alliesmom112
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM

yogurt, bagels, mushrooms, fresh fruit, frozen veggies, carrots, celery, peanut butter, deli meat, and fresh baby spinach

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Milk is always on our need list.

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Milk eggs coffee creamer and poptarts lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Oh and strawberries
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)