Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Going to college online.

Posted by   + Show Post

I recently got a job at an animal hospital, hoping to become a vet tech. to my understanding, i cant attend online college to become a vet tech, without having one of the doctors "sponsor" me.. to sign off on every "on hands" thing i do.

I'm also interested in nursing (with humans), and criminal justice.. maybe to become something in corrections.

i know i want my associates degree, but would prefer a bachelors.

just wondering if anyone has any expierence with online classes, how to even begin my schooling, any info helps me a ton. i feel really lost.

i could go to the campus a few miles away, but there is no way i could go to school in the morning and work in the afternoon.. i dont have a babysitter. so online school is my last hope. thanks ladies!

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Replies (21-22):
angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Hey there! Your best option would be to find either a community college, or university that offers distance education. I currently attend my local community college but take a majority of my classes online. A few schools (that are public and accredited) that offer distance education for sure are...

www.pcc.edu

http://www.shoreline.edu/

http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/

If they are not local to you, they will have you take your placement tests and the nearest college near you and have them transfer them over, same with proctored exams. Hope this helps! I've been an online student for the past year so if you have any specific questions feel free to e-mail me on here. :)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Ditto

Quoting the3Rs:

You call them yourself to get your GED info.

As for online school find one that is accredited.  Best bet is to contact local colleges and get info. from them.  A lot will have partnerships with online schools/classes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN