Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are your "must have" children's books??

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is reading quite well and I'm trying to fill her bookcase with some reading books. She has plenty of story books, but she just goes through books. She loves the "I can read" Fancy Nancy books and even though they're quite easy, I like the fact that it's kind of like a thesaurus. Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I would be really appreicitive. 

Oh and one last little side note, she's 5 but reading at a 7 year old level. I'm having a few issues with the story line being a little mature for her so if anyone knows of any story that's not really scary or offensive that would be fantastic. 

Thank you so much for all your help. 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:24 AM
Replies (11-17):
Pammi86
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Quoting 3brown1blue:

All Shel Silverstein books ... loved them as a kid and I know DS would love them too ... just need to buy them ...

I l still have mine!
elliesmum06
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Thanks! 

Quoting omamabean:

My girls enjoyed the Frog and Toad series. Might be too young for her. I will keep thinking on it, tho...and ask the girls when they get home from school. Good for her that she loves reading! You can go to the scholastic website and they can give you ratings, difficulty levels, and short synopsis of the books. 

elliesmum06
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I have quite a few.  However they're very hard to get in England.

Quoting Pammi86:

Quoting 3brown1blue:

All Shel Silverstein books ... loved them as a kid and I know DS would love them too ... just need to buy them ...

I l still have mine!

mandarose
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Junie B Jones, the butterfly meadow series, disney fairies...

Try the easy readers chapter books. You can always go to your local library and see what they suggest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimeejill
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Any Dr. Seuss!!  I love Good Night Moon and Where the Wild Things Are.  We have one that I really like called I Love You, Stinky Face!!  We love our books!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I would go to the Library and look.

elliesmum06
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM

We go to the library a lot, but there's something nice about going to the book store and picking your own book. That was the best treat for me as a child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN