Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

***Oh No! Mommy is sick and down for the count!***

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
How do you deal if you are sick and you are a SAHM? Once in a blue moon I have a day when my back hurts so bad it is almost unbearable to move at all. Don't know why, I'm only 24 but after our last baby in 08' I have had back problems. On those rare days we hole up in the living room and the kids play(sometimes snuggle Mommy if they are feelin cuddly)........so what do the other moms do if you do get sick?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Honestly when I get real sick I call in back up lol. My dh usually picks up the slack or grandma comes over to save the day. It's not as bad now that my dd is older but when she was a baby and I was single, grandma and grandpa would come over to help.

NikiSellers0806
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I never really get sick but on days when I have back issues its awful. But I would feel bad asking for help even though I know DH's mom would help anytime just bc it's not the flu or something. kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I turn the tv to nick Jr and we have a pajama party. if it gets really bad, lije today or when i had bronchitis, i ask my mom or mil to take the kids for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:28 AM
I just deal. Hubs will stay home from work if I'm throwing up, but I don't want him wasting his vacation time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikiSellers0806
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I hear that....i wont ask DH to stay home unless I just feel horrible.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

I just deal. Hubs will stay home from work if I'm throwing up, but I don't want him wasting his vacation time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

With my kids my mom helped me when I was sick. Now that I am raising my grandkids my mom is older and can't help. Their mom or dad don't help if it is a school day. But do if it is a weekend. I am in pain all the time though from fibromyalgia. Some days are just worse than others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN