Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mockingjay!?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:29 AM
  • 10 Replies
So who has read and enjoyed The Hunger Games series!? I read all three books this week and saw the movie last night! I am a little disappointed at how it ended! It started out with so much hope and the end to the last book seemed so rushed and I loved that she ended up with who she did but I felt like she never got the chance to actually choose! And killing off certain people seemed useless and honestly made the entire ending depressing! It's so sad and really makes no sense! I loved the first book but I am really sad to see the series end after the events in the end of the book! Wish there was more to come but there's not and I see the authors point where nothing's pretty after war!
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 4:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetOrangeMama
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Loved the series although parts did make me sad and I have seen the movie 3 times so I loved it too. I can't wait for the next movie to come out!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Quoting SweetOrangeMama:

Loved the series although parts did make me sad and I have seen the movie 3 times so I loved it too. I can't wait for the next movie to come out!

I loved it too but agree! The ending made me sad! Not bc who she ended up with but bc how! I can't believe we have to wait until November 2013 for the next movie!
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I hated the book ending too. Haven't seen the movie yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I'm gonna see it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Quoting shadow_lark:

Glad I'm not alone! I was so happy Peeta was the final choice but Gale was so cute off! And its just so utterly depressing how it ends! Aren't books suppose to be happy, at least most of the time lol!

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Ikr!  I was rooting for Gale the whole time and almost threw the book across the room when she ended up with Peeta.

Quoting Pammi86:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Glad I'm not alone! I was so happy Peeta was the final choice but Gale was so cute off! And its just so utterly depressing how it ends! Aren't books suppose to be happy, at least most of the time lol!

Are you young and married?         Join us in Young Married Mothers; a place to connect with other young moms, get advice or just hang around.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/116197

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting shadow_lark:

Ikr!  I was rooting for Gale the whole time and almost threw the book across the room when she ended up with Peeta.

Quoting Pammi86:

Quoting shadow_lark:

At first I was all about Gale too! Then I saw the movie and it really made me consider Peeta. After the second book I was still up in the air and by the third I was hoping she would end up with Peeta bc Gale was becoming so different and I figured she would end up with Peeta anyway. However they go from fghting together to him visiting her once after its all said and done and then shes shipped back to District 12! I wanted Peeta but not like that! I felt like she didn't choose and the Capital choose for her and after Prim died it really made the whole situation somewhat pointless. Her mom checks out again, Prim dies even though she didn't go to the Hunger Games and she still married Peeta! The Capital wins!

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I can't get into this movie at all and I'm not a reader so....

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:44 AM

wow really in the first book i was torn but in the second he begins to show his true colors. i thought peeta was a great buy and the better choice. not saying you're wrong because it's all just opinion but you are the first person I've heard that actually wishes she wound up with gale. 

i thought gale was pretty weak minded and easily brain washed but again just my opinion. by the end of the series i hated him.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting Pammi86:

Quoting shadow_lark:

mik1of3
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I have all three books and have read them a few times...esp Mockingjay.  It took me the third time reading it to realize that Katniss DID choose who she ended up with.  It all has to do with what happens to Prim.  If you want me to explain it, message me..I don't want to post a spoiler.

The movie was very, very well done.  As any purist, I wish they would have followed the book, I don't care how long the movie would have been.  It wouldn't have been as long as the LOTR Return of the King..and they had NO problems with doing that!  (Don't get me wrong, I ADORE the LOTR movies.)  I was sorry to see them leave out Madge, Peetah's dad, the Avoxes, and the rest of the prep team...and I'm not crazy about Sutherland as President Snow, either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN